Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let me have 5 minutes of your time, were you there?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Also worth mentioning that the FA Cup was the only competition Liverpool did NOT win that season (including the European Cup), which made our result up there even more special. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
brilliant day.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Simster said:
Also worth mentioning that the FA Cup was the only competition Liverpool did NOT win that season (including the European Cup), which made our result up there even more special. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Think you'll find that was the following season when we beat them at home live on telly

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SpidersLegs said:
Think you'll find that was the following season when we beat them at home live on telly

when jimmy greaves said that if we beat them he would "jump in the sea" At the end of the game, we were singing...in the sea in the sea,

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
i was there that day! we took 45 coaches and i remember pulling up at a road opposite stanley park and you could hear the albion fans in the ground from nearly half a mile away.
the penalty miss was great but my best memory was on the way up the m6 we passed a coach full of liverpool supporters (milton keynes branch) and they were giving it the biggun. they were pointng for us to pull over at the next service station (which was keele) for a scrap. our coach pulled in followed by theirs and we all started to get out of the coach.as they started to disambark about another 7 or 8 of our coaches pulled in; seeing them all run back on there coach and head for the motorway still makes me laugh now. on the way home after the game we overtook them again and they didnt look happy! shame!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Superb day out all cramped in the corner we took over 7,000 if i remember scousers throwing stones and stuff at our coaches on the wayout. Never forget someone saying Phil Neal never misses penaltys just as he put the ball on the spot, still Ashley Neal got his own back on us years later what a player if not the worse 1 of the worse ever to don a albion shirt.:)

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
my 2nd best ever away game, after Newcastle '79. Drove up overnight after leaving B'ton @ midnight. Lost my wallet in a service station with 2 tickets in it and all my cash, never been a good drinker!! Had to borrow some money, buy off a tout outside and then got fronted by a 15yr old scally who wanted to give me a typical scouse welcome courtesy of Stanley!!!! As for the game, quality atmosphere and "we're proud of you" sticks in my mind. Happy Days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here