Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from seagulls.co.uk

Argentinean centre-forward Leonardo Ulloa completed his move to Albion from Spanish La Liga side Almeria early this evening and has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract.

The 26-year-old, who has been a long-term target of Albion and Gus Poyet, could be available to play at Birmingham City on Saturday if he receives international clearance in time.

Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “Leo is that striker we have been looking to add for some time. He will complement our existing strikers, enjoy playing with our wingers and creative players.

"He’s a typical number nine box player; he’s good in the air, he will hold the ball up and he has good movement around the box when the ball is wide.

"He will suit the way we play, fit in well to our style and identity and I am sure he will make us a stronger team.

"I know him from Argentina and I follow Spanish football closely so I have been aware of him for a while, but the problem was that he was not available because he didn’t have a European passport.

"However, that situation has changed since the last transfer window, and as soon as we knew there was a chance of getting the passport sorted, the recruitment system moved very quickly."

Ulloa began his career in his native Argentina, and his clubs included San Lorenzo, Arsenal and Olimpo, before moving to Spanish side Castellon.

He scored 48 goals in 102 appearances for Almeria since joining the club in 2010 from Castellon, and was top scorer in La Liga’s second tier last season with 29 goals.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Absolutely brilliant, may have to go to brum now, really need to see our latest superstar SEAGULLS

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm sure its been covered loads of times but why couldn't we sign him with an Argentinian passport.

Because he hasn't played enough internationals to qualify for a work permit, with eu passport he doesn't need one :)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
from seagulls.co.uk

Argentinean centre-forward Leonardo Ulloa completed his move to Albion from Spanish La Liga side Almeria early this evening and has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract.

The 26-year-old, who has been a long-term target of Albion and Gus Poyet, could be available to play at Birmingham City on Saturday if he receives international clearance in time.

Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “Leo is that striker we have been looking to add for some time. He will complement our existing strikers, enjoy playing with our wingers and creative players.

"He’s a typical number nine box player; he’s good in the air, he will hold the ball up and he has good movement around the box when the ball is wide.

"He will suit the way we play, fit in well to our style and identity and I am sure he will make us a stronger team.

"I know him from Argentina and I follow Spanish football closely so I have been aware of him for a while, but the problem was that he was not available because he didn’t have a European passport.

"However, that situation has changed since the last transfer window, and as soon as we knew there was a chance of getting the passport sorted, the recruitment system moved very quickly."

Ulloa began his career in his native Argentina, and his clubs included San Lorenzo, ****Arsenal**** and Olimpo, before moving to Spanish side Castellon.

He scored 48 goals in 102 appearances for Almeria since joining the club in 2010 from Castellon, and was top scorer in La Liga’s second tier last season with 29 goals.

*****Someone at the club made a boo boo****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here