Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Would it not be pronounced uh l yoah. Double ll in Spanish having more of a y to it.

Edit - why not just scream leooooo

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
He's from Argentina where the ll is pronounced more like the s in pleasure! So more like ush-oh-a!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
and how do we say his name...is it said 'ull o ah' or 'you low a' ???

I'm going to bet Aspinall goes with the Hawaiian pronounciation and calls him Aloha

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
thanks rruss....sounds like it is 'Ush ow a' - hope he ushows us what hes got......:facepalm:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Hope this comes to fruition sooner rather than later. Really hope it's not drawn out till the last seconds of the transfer window like the summer.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Think it should be pronounced m.e.s.s.I.

You never know.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm going to bet Aspinall goes with the Hawaiian pronounciation and calls him Aloha

I think he'll go for 'Lee Alloa' personally.
150px-Alloa_Athletic_FC_logo.png

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Thought I'd seek the opinion of a Spanish football writer about Ulloa (mainly because I'm getting impatient that it hasn't happened yet)

[tweet]287155524552753153[/tweet]

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Update on Ulloa. Just spoken to Almeria's sports manager and situation is unchanged. Securing a Spanish passport is the key. #bhafc

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Update on Ulloa. Just spoken to Almeria's sports manager and situation is unchanged. Securing a Spanish passport is the key. #bhafc

What annoys me about that post by Naylor is that we all know this much already. The real questions are. A) Is he eligable? B) Has he applied and C) How long will it take (estimate) if he has applied.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What annoys me about that post by Naylor is that we all know this much already. The real questions are. A) Is he eligable? B) Has he applied and C) How long will it take (estimate) if he has applied.

Yes, yes and don't know

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Can anyone explain exactly why he needs a Spanish passport? Obviously an EU passport guarantees a right to work here, but do all/most other S American players in UK leagues have EU passports, rather than just a regular work permit (presumably Ulloa himself has a Spanish work permit, if he doesn't have a passport?). Perhaps this is yet another daft effect of the government's recent tightening up on non-EU immigration, but it'd be interesting to know how Tevez, Suarez and co. get round the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here