Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leona Lewis covers NiN

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Where's half the bloody song gone? Bit convenient they left out of the "crown of shit" verse if that's the release version.

Seaford Seagull

BHAFC 'til I die
Mar 4, 2005
Sussex (By the sea)
Ruined, just ruined. An amazing song, Cash's version was probably one of the few covers which is better than the original. So powerful. No-one should have been allowed to touch it after Cash.

WOW! This is hideous. It has nothing of the original!

Some arse of a producer thinking that some dischordant piano creates a fraction of Trent's original feel.

Then...
To reduce a 6 minutes epic to just under 3 for the sake of radio (I've no doubt) :rant:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As bad as Susan Boyle covering Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence"?

D

Deleted member 22389

Point is half the kids that buy this reproduced and edited shit will think its great, and think its a masterpiece because they would have never heard the original before. I agree some things should be left alone, and this is one of them. SC and LL want your money, cash in before xmas.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
what a crock of shit! She should of covered closer instead, singing " i want to f@@k you like an animal " should have spelt the end of her 'career'. Horseface song killer

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Is nothing sacred?? Seeing NIN do Hurt live a few years back was one of my favourite gig/show moments ever. This crock of shit from that horse faced bint is simply abysmal.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A little bit of sick just come up. Is no song sacred from X-craptor plastic artists?

What hurt has she gone through exactly? A broken nail? Daft bint needs to write her own songs or f*** off. Ideally the latter.

Sent by yolk folk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Trent Reznor - wrote the song on his life experiences, his drug use and the impact it had on his life, and that of his friends. The loss of loved ones as he goes on living a life of self harm and hate, pouring himself into the song.
Johnny Cash - drew on a long, full life lived, the experience of the people who grew up with him dying as he is gradually left (relatively) alone, in poor health, a frail shadow of his former self in an ever modernising world. He pours himself into the song.

Leona Lewis - Ooh, I like that song, I'll sing it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i could watch leona lewis cover "my old man's a dustman" and still think it would be great

she is one beautiful lady

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
ruud-van-nistelrooy-7.jpg

Leona Lewis, seen here at the press release for her new EP.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm by no means a NiN fan, but the cover of that song by Johnny Cash (and of course the accompanying video) is one of the most emotive pieces of music ever recorded in my opinion, givern the context in terms of the part of his life that Cash was in at the time.

For some plastic X-Factor wannabe who can only DREAM of having 1/10th of the career, legacy and longevity that Johnny Cash has/had to assault that song is the musical equivalent of sacrilege IMO. I can only assume that the daft cow had no knowledge of previous versions of the song, because if she did surely she could not be so egotistical as to think that she could hold a candle to those who have done it before?

What's next for her? A crack at Bohemian Rhapsody, perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here