Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon needs to change his attiitude to rescue his Albion career

Stumpy Tim

Knight has had his chances. He's yesterday's man. He had a great half-season under Coppell, scored quite a few penalties under MM, and hasn't scored enough in the top division.

I personally believe we will stay up without our 5 penalty-a season man. I'm fed up with hearing about him. Even when we've finally won a game - a game he wasn't involved in - we have to debate his pathetic contribution. This was a must-win game and he stormed home & put the team under a cloud. Unforgivable. Get rid of him. Albion fans (not you kinky) want players who will play their heart out for the TEAM, not their own ego.

And I applaud MM for his stand

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
It was brave of McGhee to leave him out, IF we had lost yesterday having left him out, well the reaction doesn't bare thinking about. Bottom line we won a must win game against an in form side. There is life after Leon Knight, I'm a massive admirer of Leon's ability, but his apparent lack of respect for his team mates and ultimatley the club is growing tiresome, we'll lose him on a free in the summer, we may as well get an albeit small fee for him. Well done on a brave decision MM.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
IMHO I think it is all downhill from here for LK. I believe he will finish up with some very small Non Leaguer.
Waste of a good potential talent due to an oversize chip on his shoulder. A great pity.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stumpy Tim said:
Knight has had his chances. He's yesterday's man. He had a great half-season under Coppell, scored quite a few penalties under MM, and hasn't scored enough in the top division.

I personally believe we will stay up without our 5 penalty-a season man. I'm fed up with hearing about him. Even when we've finally won a game - a game he wasn't involved in - we have to debate his pathetic contribution. This was a must-win game and he stormed home & put the team under a cloud. Unforgivable. Get rid of him. Albion fans (not you kinky) want players who will play their heart out for the TEAM, not their own ego.

And I applaud MM for his stand
What a load of f***ing shite.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
What a load of f***ing shite.

Why?

Explain please....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How many Goals has leon scored in the championship
9-odd goals in 60-odd appearances hardly a world beater
and he still has this i'm to good for you attitude.
Let him go we survived without Cullip were survive without
stroppy Leon

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Agree with Stumpy Tim on this.

Is also a shrewd bit of business sense behind this as well

i.e. if Leon goes this coming Jan or next summer we are due a transfer fee as he will be under 24 ( fee for us to accept / decline in Jan - or be set by a tribunal in the summer )

If we keep him for next season and he leaves at end of that season in summer 2007 we get nowt as he will be over 24 by then

Also - think Oatway scoring the winner last night had quite a lot to do with Taylor never playing him and playing Junior Lewis instead

Back to Knight - we can take a harder line on this now have Jake Robinson in contention - him and Hart can be the two smaller strikers - other role before we find anyone better is between CKR, Big Mac and Mcp, possibly Argie as well

Knight seems to think the world owes him a living on skill alone

Thing is it doesn't

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:

I have read it and you still haven't explained why it is a load of shite.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He needs to grow up a bit. Preferably about four inches. :jester:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ac gull said:
Agree with Stumpy Tim on this.

Is also a shrewd bit of business sense behind this as well

i.e. if Leon goes this coming Jan or next summer we are due a transfer fee as he will be under 24 ( fee for us to accept / decline in Jan - or be set by a tribunal in the summer )

If we keep him for next season and he leaves at end of that season in summer 2007 we get nowt as he will be over 24 by then

Also - think Oatway scoring the winner last night had quite a lot to do with Taylor never playing him and playing Junior Lewis instead

Back to Knight - we can take a harder line on this now have Jake Robinson in contention - him and Hart can be the two smaller strikers - other role before we find anyone better is between CKR, Big Mac and Mcp, possibly Argie as well

Knight seems to think the world owes him a living on skill alone

Thing is it doesn't

But Robinson is utter gash

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoehring said:
But Robinson is utter gash
People talk about 20 goal a season strikers. Robinson is more of a 1 goal a season man.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
People talk about 20 goal a season strikers. Robinson is more of a 1 goal a season man.

Thats the thing they come out with all this crap about leon not scoring enough so they wont someone who has scored less...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
Thats the thing they come out with all this crap about leon not scoring enough so they wont someone who has scored less...

Give them a season and a half and ALL our strikers will probably score more than Leon has in that time...let's be honest he's had a shit return since we got promoted...and please don't tell me it's everybody else's fault except his own.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Here we go again ... let's bang on about his lack of goals, despite him being our top scorer; let's claim he's not good enough despite his on-the-whole excellent performances this season; let's pretend our foot-dangling youth team striker's as good as him, despite a complete lack of evidence to back this up.

Leon's an exceptional player, and is plenty good enough for this league. I can only doubt the understanding of football possessed by those few who argue otherwise. The sensible discussion here is about his attitude - and that's not much of a debate, as the behaviour McGhee refers to takes place behind closed doors. The manager will sort that out in one way or another - is there the slightest chance we can leave him to it, rather than indulging in ridiculous claims and fabricated stories?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
[B The sensible discussion here is about his attitude - and that's not much of a debate, as the behaviour McGhee refers to takes place behind closed doors.? [/B]

Bollocks, open your eyes and his attitude is right in front of you everytime he plays. Sometimes it's good, often it stinks

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
I have read it and you still haven't explained why it is a load of shite.

I'm waiting too.

Explain Silent Bob or are you too silent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here