Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon needs to change his attiitude to rescue his Albion career

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
says McGhee. Only going to be one winner here, but how badly will it affect our season?

I'm in two minds. Leon IS a quality player but if he's disruptive to team spirit, then MM has no choice but to exclude him imo.

Todays Argus

I hope the team winning without him is the big wake up call he seems to need, but does he have the character or the will to change. Maybe he just clashes with McGhee, in which case one of them has to go.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
personally (and i am always very much pro leon knight) but i think its the end of the road as far as leons future stands at the albion, shame if it is, but one player cant rule a team, the clue is in the word team really eh ?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As the next game is against QPR, will McGhee decide to keep him out anyway, due to the abuse he gets from them or is it the perfect game to bring him back.....as a sub?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Icy Gull said:
As the next game is against QPR, will McGhee decide to keep him out anyway, due to the abuse he gets from them or is it the perfect game to bring him back.....as a sub?

I dont think MM would let the opposition worry him on his decision, i think its as hes said....its down to leon to alter his attitude first, and until he does that, im not to sure MM will even consider him for any game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a sad situation as Leon is quality but no player is bigger than the team and he'd better realise that damn quick.

The problem for Leon is that he's had clashes with several managers now, it's going to make it just that little more difficult to find another club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gwylan said:
It's a sad situation as Leon is quality but no player is bigger than the team and he'd better realise that damn quick.

The problem for Leon is that he's had clashes with several managers now, it's going to make it just that little more difficult to find another club.

But is Mcghees ego?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Id disagree, Ho Hum if he goes in the window it will be harder for Brighton to stay up.

Good win last night, not taking away from that but Hull were gash and didnt they could have got a point.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
But is Mcghees ego?

Quite what being unhappy with Leon's application has to with McGhee's ego is beyond me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Quite what being unhappy with Leon's application has to with McGhee's ego is beyond me.

Due to the fact he doesnt know how to manage him and he sees him as a threat.
The strike force is with out leon it will make the job twice as hard to stay up, Hart gace 100% but just wasnt good enough. and thats all im going to say on the subject as i cant be arsed.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Icy Gull said:

i agree, MM is only doing his job as any professional manager would do in a situation like this, as its been said time and time again, you cant let one player rule any club

Be fair though Kinky, McGhee isn't the first manager that Leon has clashed with. All through his career Leon has come with a certain reputation for being hard work. He is talented, there's no doubt about that, and we could do with him being on form to give us more chance of staying up, but I'm not sure that we can blame all these problems on McGhee's ego.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
Id disagree, Ho Hum if he goes in the window it will be harder for Brighton to stay up.

It's hard enough already without Leon's apparent inabilty to accept the managers team choices. If he keeps it up we would be better shot of him, if only for team spirit which is one thing we do have in abundance.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Leon will calm down and it will all be ok next week.
He acts first and thinks later.

I wonder who these others are that will come in for Leon. No other club has made enquiries.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:

I wonder who these others are that will come in for Leon. No other club has made enquiries.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:

I hope so. I really am getting so bored of these tiffs.

Leon's got an attitude, McGhee's got an attitude ... if they really can't sort it out, one has got to go. This really is bloody stupid, and I think they're both to blame.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I disagree. McGhee is acting as a parent would with a naughty child.
No one player is bigger than the team.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
KinkyGoehring said:
and he sees him as a threat.

And what do you base that on exactly?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
I hope so. I really am getting so bored of these tiffs.

Leon's got an attitude, McGhee's got an attitude ... if they really can't sort it out, one has got to go. This really is bloody stupid, and I think they're both to blame.

Thankfully McGhee's attitude is correct as he said in the Argus piece "Leon's got to look after his own future, I am responsible for the future of this football club".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here