Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Seagull_AA

Nov 1, 2004
Battle, Sussex
If he wants to give up because he wants bigger glory, than I would wave goodbye to him. We want loyal players with this club who are prepared to fight to the bitter end.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If this is true: :nono:

We were lucky to get a class replacement for Bobby when he left, I don't like our chances of finding another gem. :nono:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i will certainly not wave him away. i am a great admirer of leon and wish him the best of luck with whatever avenue he wishes to pursue (hopefully staying with us).
without his goals last season, we would not be where we are now, and lets hope he sticks around!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Big sell on clause to Chelsea was part of the deal I seem to recall ?

Remember we got him for next to nothing, maybe paid a smallish fee when we got promoted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought it was 100k on promotion, but that was discounted maybe officially ?

Last edited:

I am afraid any hope Leon had of a big step up in clubs dried up with his goals this season. The one intriguing possibility remains Reading of course, as Coppell probably has a soft spot for him. But the sad fact is Leon would not get in ahead of their current strikers, so he has to face the choice of staying here and getting regular football or rotting in the reserves of a bigger club but on more money. If he wants to take the latter option, good luck to him. The impact he has made for us this season can be replaced - too easily, alas.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With the right service (ie any service) he'd certainly be a lot better player. I hope this complete bollocks. :)

Last edited:

He's had the same service as Virgs, Silent Bob. Eight goals even though he's played less games up front than Leon.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The service suits Virgs game rather better though.

Possibly. But the majority of Virgs' goals have been through-balls to feet, not headers. ie. how Leon got his goals last season.

Hand on heart, when OGH played that through-ball on Saturday, who would you have wanted to be on the end of it, Virgs or Leon?

I've seen just over three-quarters of Brighton's games this year, and I'm afraid my view is that Leon's goals-to-chances ratio has really plummeted. He's missed so many clear chances this season, even obvious one-on-ones with the keeper. That ludicrous miss at the end of the Millwall home game summed his season up in front of goal. His confidence has wavered too, hence the 2 pen misses.

I don't think relegation-zone football suits him, where you have to maintain your concentration levels at a far higher pitch because the chances come along far less frequently than if you play for a top 10 team.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Silent Bob said:
If this is true: :nono:

We were lucky to get a class replacement for Bobby when he left, I don't like our chances of finding another gem. :nono:

How many goals has he scored this season??

People said Bobby gave us up before he left and he has been shown to have an ambition greater than the circumstances offered him.

The same would befall Leon; his ambition is obviously not with us and I'd much rather not read countless threads on here about how 'all the players applauded us in the away end, except Knight' as it depresses me.

We've had solidarity and fighters for years, and until we get stability, we cannot afford not to have like-minded players.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Absolute tosh.

Why do people even dignify this sort of obvious bullshit with a response?

There are very few clubs going to be coveting Knight at the moment because the sad truth is he is a striker with very few goals. We know he has ability but we've not seen enough of it this season and to the rest of the world the stats show good Division 2 player but someone who's not made the step up.

Whilst this may not be true and we know Leon is capable of more, this is because we watch him week in week out and suffer from blind faith.

What would Ipswich do with him?

At least make these transfer rumours believable

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would be sorry to lose him but maybe he needs a move.:(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I wouldn't blame him one little bit. I can't think that we have ever had such a good player, who has had a debut season like he had last year, and yet managed to get the stick he's got.

Can't blame him for thinking, "Stuff this, I'll never win them over."

It would be a real shame if he goes, but as fans, we have pushed him to this.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dougdeep said:
If we don't get Falmer then it doesn't matter anyway.

How come? We will still need a team after Dick Knight and his cronies have f***ed off! :shootself

I for one would be very sad to see the only skillful player we have go. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here