Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
what was with the kicking of the bottles, he was subbed after 79 mins, not 50.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He is really starting to piss me off, I've defended him all season, but he (and we) would do that little bit better if he lost the chip on his shoulder and took it like a pro

How would he react if he was subbed off after 20 like Harewood last week?

MRRF 10

to be honest he hasn't done much recently, and i think maybe start a game with him on the bench, and mcpheee along side big chris could really give him the kick up the backside he needs, and also show that if he is going to be like that we can cope without him

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think he deserved to be taken off,he didnt have the best of games and has got to be shown that he isnt guarenteed a place.
Although he is probably the best striker in the division he doesnt always give 100 %

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He has such natural talent, I can sympathise with the service he gets and the kicking he gets, but you've just got to dig in and run your socks off. No-one's asking him to put in hundreds of inch-perfect tackles or run around like the duracell bunny, but he needs to sort out his attitude. No-one is bigger than the club

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Leon needs to work for the ball, there were times today when he just wasn't interested. He has a great talent and needs to stop spitting his dummy out. Todays performance by Leon was well below par and he deserved to be subbed, top goal scorer or not he is not bigger than the Albion and at 64 inches tall... that's a fact.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
He certainly appears to have an attitude problem and didn't seem to be up for it today. He was often caught on his heels and missed out on the half chances to get the ball he would normally get to.

It says a lot for him that despite all the goals he has scored this season, he would not be favourite for player of the season. He has upset too many fans with the diving, whinging and attitude problems. There can't be many strikers who score so many but are so unpopular.

Maybe he just isn't the usual type of Albion player we appreciate.

So he was disappointed when he came off today? Would people have preferred a big grin and a little wave to the South Stand?

Leon has been one of our best players over this disappointing easter weekend. He rarely gives the ball away cheaply and always gets kicked by clod-hopping defenders when he creates space for lay-offs.

What pisses me off is people thinking he is a whippet - some of the screams for him to chase balls are unbelievable. If he chased every ball the whingers wanted him to chase you'd have to sub him after 30 minutes and put him in an oxygen tank.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
He has proved that if he gets good service he will score-today he got no service at all.So what if he doesn't chase back and tackle,neither did Peter Ward.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
So he was disappointed when he came off today? Would people have preferred a big grin and a little wave to the South Stand?
I didn't notice the other two who got subbed acting like a spoilt child. Leon Knight may be a good player, but as a person he is a tosser. A little (no pun intended) poser who needs to realise he is only one player, not the whole team. I did notice he done his little baby act the other end of the bench from McGhee, so at least he's not stupid as well. Had he have gone and sat next to where Mcghee was standing then I could admire him for having the balls to make a point, but the fact he done it away from Mcghee proves to me what a spinless little shit he is.

Also what was that prat on SCR phone talking about when he said he doesn't know how long Knight will put up with this treatment!!! What treatment? Being subed when your playing shit is part of football. Before everyone slags of Mcghee for subbing him, the only fault I would find is playing him to start with. I agree with some of the others its about time he got dropped. His game today was embarrasing. He simply was not interested.

This long runnning feud with Mcghee can and will only have one winner, and I think it's time for the pint sized shite to be moved on while he's still worth something. It's obvious he's not going to sign a new deal, so lets move him on while we can get something for him.

I love the Albion and have supported them since I can remember, but I cannot accept any player acting like that continualy towards to manager of this club. I personally think with the expection of Our Lord and Saviour Micky Adams, Mcghee is the best of the recent managers and given time to change the squad in the summer, will put out a side capable of scoring 100 points plus next year. Just a shame he's got so many wasters on 2 year deals, but with the sumer clearout nearing, I think Master Leon Knight should be the first to be put on the list.

And full marks to Mcghee for not picking the little bastard up and chining him in front of everyone, it must have taken some holding back. Hopefully he let him have it in the changing room after, the little prick.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:

What pisses me off is people thinking he is a whippet - some of the screams for him to chase balls are unbelievable. If he chased every ball the whingers wanted him to chase you'd have to sub him after 30 minutes and put him in an oxygen tank.

not really.

he could at least chase the balls he could actually get to.

Jonesy chases balls all the time and we don't have to 'sub him after 30 minutes and put him in an oxygen tank.'

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It's not his effort on the pitch I'm questioning so much (although he can at times give up on causes to quickly, and needs to work on his positioning), but his attitude off it. His arrogance can't go down to well with the other players, such as Hart, who knew he was poor and took the substitution like a man, not a child playing under-14's

No-one's asking him to change that dramatcially, just act like the pro he is paid to be

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps he just kicked the bottles over as he was dissapointed with his own performance?... He certainly seemed like he thought he deserved to subbed as he walked off, usually he strops on his way off but he didn't.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
No-one's asking him to change that dramatcially, just act like the pro he is paid to be

Bobby Z could be just as petulant & sulked for a good half season before he finally got transferred. Leon is sort of suffering because he's come to us right on the coat-tails of BZ. If he was at any other club at this level with 20-plus goals in a season, the fans would be worshipping the water he walks on and the manager probably wouldn't be calling him inept/inert every other week. Guess he probably can't quite work out what he has to do to gain some respect around here. Besides, never yet saw a striker who enjoyed being subbed. Be worried if he did.

Last edited:

He was inefective and his work rate was awful. The decision to sub him was the correct one i.m.o. Not for the first time this season, he spat his dummy out when being substituted. He comes across sometimes as being arrogant and cocky. Sure, his goals this season have got us to where we are in the league. BUT...to steal a cliche..."No one player is bigger than the club" Maybe leon needs to recite this? With his suspect temperment, I feel L.K. is an accident waiting to happen. For Chris Turner insert Mark McGee. In his early managerial career, McGee had a reputation for being tough on internal dicipline. Unless he's gone soft with old age, I suspect it could all end in tears.....But for which one?

the full harris said:
not really.

he could at least chase the balls he could actually get to.

Jonesy chases balls all the time and we don't have to 'sub him after 30 minutes and put him in an oxygen tank.'

I would say Jonah is not half the player of Leon, but I can't - he's not one-twentieth of the player.

Mr Burns, top rant, but very ill-directed. Tosser, eh? Maybe inexperienced and a little immature are better words. Fair's fair, Charlie finishes the game at Blackpool almost getting suspended. No one directs epithets at him - people accept he is passionate and commited player who sometimes gets carried away. Leon won't get suspended kicking over water bottles - he was expressing his frustration at being unable to finish a job for the team. Let's not have double standards for different players.

I agree with you about that SCR caller - but you go to the opposite extreme. You and Zeitgeist actually do a disservice to McGhee, he has been very firm but fair with Leon, putting him under a lot of pressure to improve his game. Far from a feud, Leon has done the sensible thing and publically accepted this discipline and praised McGhee for improving him as a player. There is no parallel with Turner, that situation ended in disaster, McGhee has a proven goalscorer who could get us into Div 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here