Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Today.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Knight also looked sharp last week. He is class on the ball and he scares defences more than any other player we have. When he is on the pitch they are mindful of him if they push up too far as he has the pace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I abstained this week (for work reasons and a bonus night out in Amsterdam) but Leon is certainly looking better by the week.

Which is nice

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Taylors Dummy said:
Leon playing well against the worst team in the Div. Now that's a surprise. Isn't his job to find the back of the net? i wonder if he will be more successful against some real opposition. If he doesn't perform hen MM has every right to drop him. Isn't it more a disgrace that Leon has only now decided to turn it on since MM has shown that he will not be held to ransom by Leon being the only recognised striker and has kept him on the bench the last few games. Still didn't score today did he. What Leon needs is a live game so that he can raise his game in front of the cameras.

:lolol: There's nothing like cutting edge satire! That really captures the essence of a borderline-depressive talking complete and utter cobblers, well done sir!

:tosser:

Having moaned about Harding and Knight, are you about to go and hang yourself to really top a cheery evening? How much do you enjoy the defeats when you are this jolly about the wins?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Both Leon and Steve worked extremely hard today. I was hard put to decided which of them got my MOM.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Knight really showed what he can do when he turns and runs with the ball - his finishing will improve doubtless, it's good to see him getting the chances. Just needs to hit the target, but showed his creative abilities as well, played in Claridge brilliantly and whipped in the best crosses of the team. Just a goal short of 10/10

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Edd said:
He was excellent today and he deserved to score, I really hope McGhee doesn't drop him next week.

McGhee went on record after the match as saying that Virgo DEFINITELY STARTS UP FRONT next week.

His comment on Leon ... "he did okay"

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
McGhee went on record after the match as saying that Virgo DEFINITELY STARTS UP FRONT next week.

His comment on Leon ... "he did okay"

:rolleyes:

He does seem a fraction blinkered with respect to Leon. It's all very well criticising as long as you give respect where it's due.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Virgo and Knight next week. Would I lie to you?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I can't understand this love in with Knight. Of course he should be impressive against the worst team in the Division.
He should be measured by the nuber of times he hits the back of the net, not how smart he is at running rings around lowly teams.

larus

Yes, but goal scoring is a mixture of luck, confidence and ability.

LK has the ability - no doubt in my mind.

The confidence has been in short supply for some reason this season, although it is coming back.

Luck is not with him at the moment. He had a couple of half-chances today, which if things were going well for him, he would have scored from.

As has been mentioned already, he is the most threatening player we have by a long way, and we should get behind him, and not on his back. Giving him shit is REALLY going to help isn't it?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Porky said:
I can't understand this love in with Knight. Of course he should be impressive against the worst team in the Division.
He should be measured by the nuber of times he hits the back of the net, not how smart he is at running rings around lowly teams.

It's not that hard to comprehend - he was our top scorer last year, remains our best player, and obviously cares about the club. His display today was outstanding, yet people (a minority, albeit) still moan. Okay, he missed a couple of chances, but I think we can forgive him given all he contributed to the team today - his crosses were superb.

But if you only notice him when he scores, you will have missed that.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Cereal Killer said:
Sounded great. Did he deserve a penelty or was it a dive?

Neither really. It looked like a fair challenge from the defender using his strength to shield the ball and Leon went down unintentionaly as smaller players often do in a 50/50 shoulder charge. That's the daft thing about the law now; it's either a penalty or a dive. The Ref should've just waived play on.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I felt really sorry for Leon today. what does the lad have to do o get a break. He deserved a goal today and when he does find the onion bag I think he will get even better. you can see the confidence coming back which can only be a good thing for us.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Leon was pure class today, and by far our best player... some people on here obviously weren't watching... Leon deserves credit for his best performance of the season, and unlucky not to score...

MM finally (2 games late, IMHO) gave Leon the chance to play alongside a proper striker... Leon then gives his performance of the season... I think the 2 events can be linked... MM needs to stick with that front paring at Millwall... Virgo to come back in at the back, preferably at cb...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here