Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Today.

larus

Played very well, kept on his feet, looked well up for it and had their defence chasing shadows at times. Definately MOM.

I can't see how McGhee can't play him up front. Him and Claridge could form a decent partnership. Claridge does look a bit slow though, not just running, but foot movement, but a least he thinks like a striker, not a defender. I would play him up front and then Virgo could drop to defence (not too sure who to drop though).

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Cereal Killer said:
Sounded great. Did he deserve a penelty or was it a dive?

From where i was it looked like it could have been a penalty, he seemed to get pushed over when going past the defender, it wasn't a dive.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It wasnt a penalty, but it wasnt a dive either. The booking came for the rant at the ref after it wasnt given.

Ned Zelic

Nov 6, 2004
Leons excellent performance today alongside an experienced striker for the first time this season maybe gives a better indication of his ability. He is the most talented player in our squad by a distance. With all respect to the hard-working Adam Virgo, it was clear that Knight benefitted from playing alongside someone with a strikers instincts, thus bringing the best out of Knight.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Leon earnt his place for Millwall next week, but I wouldn't bet on him playing.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Leon was our best player by a country mile today. Looked up for it and was very sharp. Played some lovely little balls in the first half and Claridge should have done better with one that hit the keeper. It just proves that with his attitude right Leon can win us fans over who have never doubted his natural ability but have had doubts about his temprament.

Not convinced Claridge is the answer to our striker problems. Works his socks off but i think he's actually looking to get too many free kicks from refs when the defender is just being strong.

On the balance of play i thought we deserved the win but it was a sweat until Harding popped up with the goal (he's all yours Everton for £250,000).

The goal was well timed as the natives were getting restless in the South stand and were urging MM to get Harty on.

What a bunck of jokers today's linesman were?:salute:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He had a very good game. I do wish when he goes down he'd just get back up again and stop pretending he's fatally wounded.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Trigger said:
It'll be a DISGRACE if he doesn't start next week.

Leon playing well against the worst team in the Div. Now that's a surprise. Isn't his job to find the back of the net? i wonder if he will be more successful against some real opposition. If he doesn't perform hen MM has every right to drop him. Isn't it more a disgrace that Leon has only now decided to turn it on since MM has shown that he will not be held to ransom by Leon being the only recognised striker and has kept him on the bench the last few games. Still didn't score today did he. What Leon needs is a live game so that he can raise his game in front of the cameras.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was by far the best all-round display I've seen from Leon this season, he was a constant thorn in Rotherhams side. Intelligent running off the ball, some incisive passes, and when he was running at their defence they really were in panic mode. In a tight match, I thought he was the difference between the two sides. Rotherham did have a couple of spells where they retained the ball and pegged us back for periods, but they had no cutting edge whatsoever. Leon always looked dangerous though, and there looked to be the makings of a partnership between him and Claridge.

Its just a shame Leon didn't get the goal his performance deserved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Taylors Dummy said:
Leon playing well against the worst team in the Div. Now that's a surprise. Isn't his job to find the back of the net? i wonder if he will be more successful against some real opposition. If he doesn't perform hen MM has every right to drop him. Isn't it more a disgrace that Leon has only now decided to turn it on since MM has shown that he will not be held to ransom by Leon being the only recognised striker and has kept him on the bench the last few games. Still didn't score today did he. What Leon needs is a live game so that he can raise his game in front of the cameras.
I suppose you'd have preferred it if Leon had played shit today, then giving you something you can REALLY moan about eh ?

Miserable git.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Taylors Dummy said:

What has this got to do with hens?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd go with Virgo and Knight at Millwall, give the old fellow a rest. He could always come off the bench to get the winner.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I think Knight could make an effective winger, he's got the pace and is quite tricky on the ball

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
I have to admit, he was def my MOM today. Came off and used himself as a support/winger as well as the striker we all know him as. Imagine it when Virgs comes back. On paper sounds like a great partnership.

Have to mention Cullip too...........legend!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here