Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight off to Cardiff !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry but knight needs to ptu himself about
a wee bit more to improve in my estimation.
He needs to take a leaf out of virgs book.
Knight kust seems so lazy and unwilling to run
for anything.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Whilst Leon has scored a lot of goals for us, it pains me to say it but I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he left. With the money we could replace him, whilst no matter how much we sold him for we would struggle to replace a player like Danny Cullip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup let's sell last season's top scorer and then listen to McGhee say he hasn't got the money to bring anyone else in, although he's trying really hard.

If I were Leon I think I'd want out of this moany club

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Leon Knight Knight Knight

Our top scorer is getting a shit deal here, comon people, at the moment he is the most experienced and talented goalscorer at the club, he has a wealth of experience over all of our other stikers, like all players, including Bobby, players have lulls in their form. He's carrying an injury to boot, he deserves our 100% support to get him back into the form that made him THE TOP GOALSCORER IN OUR LEAGUE LAST SEASON FFS.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
We could sell Dick Knight - do you think they would notice?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
How can our own supporters slate a goalscorer who has done so much for us since Bobby left. We love you Leon :clap:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Leon is both a good goal scorer and a lazy sod. But when the goals are going in no one minds about the lazy bit. If we wanted to get the best out of Leon we need the players to play it more on the deck.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have no particular issue with Knight, but if someone offered us a decent fee for him I'd jump at it. As long as we could get someone else in to replace him, I have no problem with selling him.

Yes, a little genius he may be, but if he was a cake, he'd eat himself.

larus

My, my. We are a fickle bunch aren't we.

OK, he gets knocked over a lot, but he isn't play acting so much as he used to. Whan a six foot plus defender collides with a 5' 4" striker, what do you think the likely outcome's going to be?

He's yet to score, so he gets accused of not being able to hack it at this level. Give him time (and service), and I'm sure he'll do well.

FFS, give the guy a break. Without his goals, we would be in League 1, not in the championship.

So, he's not a grafter like Virgo, but he's a damn site better finisher than Virgo. Who would you rather see one-on-one with the keeper, Virgo or Knight?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be a disaster if Knight left.

The money we'd get for him, after Chelsea's cut, would be chicken feed. Then we'd have to spend most of that on a replacement who'd probably not be as good.

I think that, especially after the Bobby years, some fans on this board take having a 25+ goals per season striker for granted. Most clubs are lucky if their top striker gets 17 or 18 goals per season.

Kev the Ape

leon knight to cardiff no way people!! sam the man has got more chance of putting a sheep upfront!!! i cnt c leon knight going there 3 games he has played for us and i cnt c him being championship protential he just aint got it in the league. if sam the man goes after him then someone must shoot him:shootself

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don't want to lose Leon... he will score goals in the Championship... he is currently playing with an injury... give him time...

Lush

Mods' Pet
I like Leon - and don't forget that his reputation means that he is heavily marked for most games (just like Bobby Z used to be) which should mean that others also have the chance to score.

It's just a bit sad that we seem to have a surfeit of slight or short-arse strikers.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Lets take the money and run!!
He is proven in League 1 but will be lucky to get 10 goals this season,and I expect most of them will be penalties.

Give Virgo the penalties this year,especially after his one against Swindon and then put your money on him to be top scorer.

Now that would be a decent price to take:eek:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It´s the old Bobby situation - we´d be after double the asking price for us to get our money, which would mean we´d want at least 1.5 million, surely. I can understand people wanting to take the money, but goalscorers aren´t as easy to come by as we have found it over the last 5 years, and we´ve got one. Who would we bring in who´d get 20 goals a year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here