Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight in financial difficulties

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
yes. i will.

i bought a mars bar today. and the times. and got my shirt printed and took 40 pounds out and also bought some minidiscs.

also got a pay rise of 30p!

anyone else?

I got some some groceries this lunch time which came to about £6, I paid by card and got £20 cashback which I intend to spend in the pub this evening.

At least the Argus didn't run the story under the headline

ALBION CRISIS AS KNIGHT GOES BUST

I can't imagine what Harty's phone-in would have been like if he'd seen the placard outside his local paper shop, but not had time to buy the Argus.

:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The thing that made me laugh about it was that a spokesman said that when they realised about the debt it was too far down the road to change it. Absolute b.....ks as you can pay it off right up until the moment the County Court Registrar(judge) actualy signs the form. Had he or one of his representatives appeared at the bankruptcy hearing and offered the money it would have been accepted.

Lord B should we now refer to you as mystic meg with this forecast for the future.

Last edited:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I've had to make a tenner last all week.
Because I also had to pay some fckin council tax, and some road tax.
And that fckin Normal Baker was outside my daughter's school.
And yes, I did have a word with the twat.
:angry:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
"Currently Bankrupt : Automatic Discharge will be 21 March 2006 "

Presumable this means it wasn't too serrious if it's only a year ? ? ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All bankruptcies are now discharged after 1 year irrespective of whether the debt is 15k or 1500k if it is the first occassion as opposed to 3 years which it was but it still stays on Public Records for 6 years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
All bankruptcies are now discharged after 1 year irrespective of whether the debt is 15k or 1500k if it is the first occassion as opposed to 3 years which it was but it still stays on Public Records for 6 years.

Seems like something you are au fait with ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was and to a certain extent still am very heavily involved in NAIL (National Association of Inntrepeneur Licencees) which was a trade protection group for persons holding an Inntrepeneur Lease a company that is now owned by Ted Tuppin and known as Enterprise Inns. During the time of Inntrepeneur there was over 200 bankruptcies and 14 suicides that were attributable to the manner in which the leases where run and implemented.

There is a 'class action' awaiting trial in the European Courts to hopefully sort out the mess that these leases have brought about.

I wonder if the daft little shit will remember to tell everyone about his change of address this time :dunce: :dunce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not the first well known figure to go bankrupt. Most on here would like to be a £1 behind a notorious boxing promoter who nearly bought this club and is bankrupt.( I think) but he may only be in an IVA, which is the last step before bankruptcy.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
you cant get made b/rupt by accident

a few hoops to go through, to even get a BP hearing- the summons have to be served in person. afaik..

if just a 'misunderstanding', why didnt he pay up??

knowing his occupation, wouldnt be oo hard to trak him down, or even put a charge on earnings.. though that would take a while!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here