Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Clarke

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wouldn't have any problem with this - been quality over the last year. What do people expect ?!

He won't play every game and will be back up to ulloa would be a solid signing.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
My memory of him was after scoring Wednesdays equilliser against us in the relegation game at Hillsborough, he celebrated by booting the hoarding,breaking a bone in his foot, and coming off injured !
Not the sharpest knife in the box.

Better not try that at our place, now we have the brand spanking new flashing and bloody annoying ad boards.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Handed a transfer request in this morning according to Sky Sports News.....

I'm confident we're not interested. I think Wolves fancy him.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
bbc website are running the story now.. We are mentioned

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25711647

Coventry City top scorer Leon Clarke has handed in a transfer request.
The 28-year-old striker, signed from Charlton Athletic a year ago, has 18 months left on his contract.
But, after 27 goals in a calendar year for the Sky Blues in 2013, he has been linked with moves to Brighton, Barnsley and home town club Wolves, where he started his career a decade ago.

With a year and a half left on his contract, we are in a position where we will only let Leon Clarke leave if the deal is right for Coventry City

Steve Waggott
Sky Blues development director
"I have received a formal transfer request from Leon," said Coventry development director Steve Waggott.
"There had been indications over the weekend that this would happen but I was only formally notified [Monday] morning after he arrived at the training ground.
"It's deeply disappointing when a player expresses a desire to leave the club in this way, especially when he has become such a firm favourite with supporters because of performances over the past 12 months."
Clarke, who is League One's top scorer this season with 15, with a further three in cup competitions, has maintained the run of goals that began when he arrived from Charlton on a two-and-a half-year contract last January.
"With a year and a half left on his contract, we are in a position where we will only let him leave if the deal is right for Coventry City," added Waggott.
Coventry also lost their top scorer in the January window a year ago when, after also reaching the 18-goal mark, David McGoldrick returned to parent club Nottingham Forest to be sold on to Ipswich Town.
"That means securing the kind of deal that will allow Steven Pressley to strengthen his squad should Leon go."
Clarke has proved something of a late developer since Mick McCarthy allowed him to leave Molineux for Sheffield Wednesday for a nominal fee in January 2007.
In a career that has already run up 14 clubs, over half his career tally of 94 goals have come over the last three seasons with Chesterfield, Scunthorpe United and now Coventry, where he has proved at his most prolific.
He began the new year as he had ended the old one, scoring Coventry's last-minute FA Cup third round winner at Barnsley last weekend. But he was not in the Sky Blues side that shipped two late goals to be held 2-2 at home by Crawley at Sixfields on Sunday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My memory of him was after scoring Wednesdays equilliser against us in the relegation game at Hillsborough, he celebrated by booting the hoarding,breaking a bone in his foot, and coming off injured !
Not the sharpest knife in the box.

Sounds like '3 points in the cup ref-tripping' Barnes!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think I would prefer Mason or Grabban TBH.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves fans at work recon Clarke to Wolves is a done deal...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolves fans at work recon Clarke to Wolves is a done deal...

Clarke was spotted in the Tap and Spile at lunchtime so I'd say your work pals are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here