Lenny Henry Funny?

• Yes

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 72.2%

• Total voters

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Not funny at all. That bit in Extras with his picture on the wall was funny though!

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He was funny once, managed to stop that though in the late 80's early 90's. That thing he did where he was Delbert Wilkins was well funny.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I find all the "alternative" has beens (Henry, Ade Edmondson, Rik Mayall, Jennifer Saunders, Ben Elton, Dawn French et al) are the most self opinionated egotistical twats around.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
jevs, you take a dig at a large group of people, most of whom I still find funny. I agree that they are no longer classed as alternative, as they once were, but surely they have graduated into the mainstream of humour. As for the ego bit, if you look at nearly all comics regardless of genre they all have it to a certain extent, I think you need it to have the balls to stand up and try to make people laugh.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Saw a comment from Cannon and Ball saying they were the alternative now. Kill me now, kill me now.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yes, he is a naturally funny person.

If you went to the pub with him he'd make you laugh.

The reason he get's the stick is because he's not cutting edge anymore.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
jonny.rainbow said:
Yes, he is a naturally funny person.

If you went to the pub with him he'd make you laugh.

The reason he get's the stick is because he's not cutting edge anymore.
very good call!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bernard and the genie is one of the greatest films ever made, so for that he earns my respect. Not sure about any of his new stuff, although I do recall thinking chef was funny.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
jevs said:
I find all the "alternative" has beens (Henry, Ade Edmondson, Rik Mayall, Jennifer Saunders, Ben Elton, Dawn French et al) are the most self opinionated egotistical twats around.

They are definitely not funny.

Out of all of them Ben Elton is the worst though. Yes he (co) wrote Blackadder and for that alone he deserves massive respect, but he comes across as a complete twattwattwattwat

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
For me the most unfunny people in the world are Lenny Henry and Victoria Wood.

I absolutely hate Victoria Wood!!!

If I met them, or went for a pint with them, I've no doubt they'd make me laugh. But on Television it just don't work for me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are him and Dawn French still together then?

Blimey, their weekly food bill would be worth seeing.

I got the feeling from Comic Relief that the BBC probably felt he was past his sell-by date, but they didn't have the heart to tell him, as he was one of those who came up with the whole idea years ago.

PS on the subject of sell-by dates, anyone see the 'new' episode of Mr Bean on CR? It would have been kinder for someone to have mentioned to Rowan Atkinson that Mr Bean stopped being funny in about 1996.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here