Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Actually, I've been pondering whether we have received anything which would resemble a tonking since Gus has been in charge. I haven't looked at the stat's, but I struggle to recall any occasion where we've lost by more than 2 clear goals or conceeded more than 3. I certainly don't think that's always gonna be the case, but it does indicate the resilience & quality of the team(s) he fields.

Anybody care to bring me back to earth with a hearty 'thump'?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Actually, I've been pondering whether we have received anything which would resemble a tonking since Gus has been in charge. I haven't looked at the stat's, but I struggle to recall any occasion where we've lost by more than 2 clear goals or conceeded more than 3. I certainly don't think that's always gonna be the case, but it does indicate the resilience & quality of the team(s) he fields.

Anybody care to bring me back to earth with a hearty 'thump'?
Losing by 3 clear goals
Leeds 3-0
Norwich 4-1
Stoke 3-0 (FA Cup)

and that's it , two in Poyets first month and an FA Cup game against a Premiership side.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Losing by 3 clear goals
Leeds 3-0
Norwich 4-1
Stoke 3-0 (FA Cup)

and that's it , two in Poyets first month and an FA Cup game against a Premiership side.

Cheers Chook. It's funny how those uncomfortable memories come trickling back once one's confronted with reality. :lolol:

It ain't 'alf bad though is it? :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Apparently there's some hotel near the ground so I suppose we'll just have to have a few in there if there's nowhere decent near the station, cheers.

Slim pickings round the station IIRC. When we drove there in midweek we went to The Counting House near the supermarket, nothing special really but there were a few Brighton in there.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Apparently there's some hotel near the ground so I suppose we'll just have to have a few in there if there's nowhere decent near the station, cheers.

There's the Holiday Inn but my God you must be able to do better than that. As mentioned, the Swan and Rushes is a good pub and even The Hind (opposite the station) or Time Bar (just to the right of the station) would be better than the drab awfulness of the Holiday Inn.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
There's the Holiday Inn but my God you must be able to do better than that. As mentioned, the Swan and Rushes is a good pub and even The Hind (opposite the station) or Time Bar (just to the right of the station) would be better than the drab awfulness of the Holiday Inn.

Cheers for the advice, we'll be around the station from 11:30 but meeting a mate at the ground at like 1:30/2 so we'll have to stick near the ground.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Losing by 3 clear goals
Leeds 3-0
Norwich 4-1
Stoke 3-0 (FA Cup)

hartlepool 3-1 was probably the biggest shock. wonder what happened to him that day!

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
First away game of the season :) apparently Leicester rugby club is good for parking, plenty of security supposedly? Anyone have any good ideas about parking wise? Also if you see a black Saxo heading up the motorway with the Doncaster game flags attached to the aerial that'll be us!!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
First away game of the season :) apparently Leicester rugby club is good for parking, plenty of security supposedly? Anyone have any good ideas about parking wise? Also if you see a black Saxo heading up the motorway with the Doncaster game flags attached to the aerial that'll be us!!

There is a smallish car park there, Granby Halls, but it will be fairly busy. There is parking in the industrial estate near the ground which is busy too, costs about £3 or £4 from memory.

Alternatively there is street parking off Narborough Road, Saffron Lane, Aylestone Road or Victoria Park Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here