Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester v West Ham

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It takes an exceptional team to hit the top of a league early season and stay there - Lamberthampton are not an exceptional team. Come on Cov.

...and a million time more exceptional in the NPC instead of League 1.

I cant think of another team who hit the top of the league early season but are set to finish mid table without even a positive goal difference.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

I cant think of another team who hit the top of the league early season but are set to finish mid table without even a positive goal difference.

When you go up, are you going to go an irritate another football forum and leave us in peace?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If middlesbrough lose by two goals or more this weekend, they could fit that description.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Southampton slip up and only draw 1-1 at home to Coventry (conceivable), West Ham will need to win 4-0 (or by four clear goals) at home to Hull (3-0 is conceivable) for automatic promotion. It is difficult to see Southampton dropping a point though.

If Cardiff do the unlikely thing and win at Palace, and Middlesbrough win at Watford, Middlesbrough have the honour of playing West Ham (probably) and with West Ham's current form I see them reaching the final.

Play-offs:

Cardiff v West Ham 0-2 1-0
Birmingham v Blackpool 3-0 2-2

These are the League results. So it is most likely to be a West Ham v Birmingham play-off final.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
does that mean that if, say, 13th and 14th place had exactly the same stats, and had drawn each other, they would have to play off for 13th place?

That would be bizarre. I'm sure in that instance, the clubs would just share the same position - or be ordered alpabetically, as they are during the season when this is the case.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Southampton slip up and only draw 1-1 at home to Coventry (conceivable), West Ham will need to win 4-0 (or by four clear goals) at home to Hull (3-0 is conceivable) for automatic promotion. It is difficult to see Southampton dropping a point though.

If Cardiff do the unlikely thing and win at Palace, and Middlesbrough win at Watford, Middlesbrough have the honour of playing West Ham (probably) and with West Ham's current form I see them reaching the final.

This post got duplicated so I will forecast the results (edited post).

Play-offs:

Cardiff v West Ham 1-0 0-2
Cardiff will sneak a home win by 1-0 to set up a defensive display at Upton Park which they will lose but by only the one goal on aggregate, so they could still be with a chance with a breakaway goal. Even if they got one, I think they would lose in extra time.

Blackpool v Birmingham 1-1 1-2
Hughton (like Big Sam) thinks he is the business and I think they would come away with a draw against Holloway's Blackpool and win the home game, but not convincingly and not not without an enormous scare.

Birmingham v West Ham Final. This would just be a lottery. I fancy West Ham to win it though by more than one goal.

These are the League results. So it is most likely to be a West Ham v Birmingham play-off final.

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Play-offs:

Cardiff v West Ham 0-2 1-0
Birmingham v Blackpool 3-0 2-2

It certainly is. I can't see that happening in a million years. They might drop 2 though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here