Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Its not resting the first team keeper though, it's giving the second choice keeper game time to stay more match sharp. I worry about our second choice keeper actually having to cover Sanchez in the league though...

I think supporters of most teams would be worried about a back-up keeper being needed, as they’re generally back-up for a reason! Any decent keeper would move on, even if it meant playing a lower level, rather than play a handful of cup games each season.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
To be fair Potter cared as shown by his subs . the problem we have is locadia avoids being a striker by not getting in the box leaving Connolly who I will now accept looks out of his depth. With what we have now time to bring in Tolaj and/or Ferguson.

Agree Tolaj/Ferguson must be given their chance and Ssrmiento a run in the team. His mistake will have taught him more than the rest of his near faultless performance.

TNBA

TTF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm finally done with Connolly. The striker crisis is as bad as its ever been.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
50% in other words. And a keeper that got no where near any. Dreadful in other words. Spin those rose tints how you like but that was a shit shootout.

It’s the first penalty shoot out we’ve lost in bloody years!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Its not resting the first team keeper though, it's giving the second choice keeper game time to stay more match sharp. I worry about our second choice keeper actually having to cover Sanchez in the league though...

Yeah, fair. I guess the issue is more with the fact the guy that's 'here to help the team because he's such a great influence rah rah rah despite the fact he isn't a very good goalkeeper' is our second choice goalkeeper.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham care. A chance of precious silverware.

Precisely. Now, I understand if Liverpool, Utd etc aren’t that disappointed to go out, but for us to not be bothered in the words of some fans is just crazy. Are they waiting for the CL as our first major trophy instead?! There was a time when I’d been happy if we’d had even a cup a soup at our club, but these days we should aim a bit higher. It’s a really disappointing result. If you like silverware, which many in our fan base don’t appear to.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry cheesed off with that. Lost opportunity to progress considering who we had on field for last half hour and the side Leicester had out . That is 5 goals we have gifted in 2 games

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The absolute state of some of the comments on here. Same old posters LOVE it when we lose. It's so odd.

I know. Sounds like the grown up version of the two teenage tits that sit behind me in West Upper, now. They even laugh at our players. **** right off!! I say, and watch Citeh if you want to cream yourselves over moneyball for 90 minutes ???

Our club, our players, our best squad/owner/manager and ****ing points tally ever. :angry:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry cheesed off with that. Lost opportunity to progress considering who we had on field for last half hour and the side Leicester had out . That is 5 goals we have gifted in 2 games
Leicester were stronger than us for most of the match. Their big guns came on at the end

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Is that the same keeper who saved penalties last season in a cup game penalty shoot out which we won?
The same one that made the error in the final minutes to send it to penalties. He also dived to his right for all except on penalty, the same thing he did tonight. Its very easy to score a penalty against him. Shoot to his left.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Leicester? I thought they were shit tonight and without the unforced errors we win that.

Agree. Which makes the shite shootout even more disappointing. Still, the losers mentality mob are out in force tonight and happy to see us go out so guess we’re in a minority. But I think it’s a real shame, and would love to see us get further than the 5th road just once perhaps in the last 50-60 years of this competition.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The same one that made the error in the final minutes to send it to penalties. He also dived to his right for all except on penalty, the same thing he did tonight. Its very easy to score a penalty against him. Shoot to his left.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Sky were practically mocking him in making this point. And they’re supposed to be neutral. That’s how predictable it was.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Interesting comments from the commentators when Biss getting dogs abuse “that will be the Brighton fans urging him to shoot” ….hmmm, not sure that was the reason why

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agree. Which makes the shite shootout even more disappointing. Still, the losers mentality mob are out in force tonight and happy to see us go out so guess we’re in a minority. But I think it’s a real shame, and would love to see us get further than the 5th road just once perhaps in the last 50-60 years of this competition.

Majority of posts have been spot on and fair imo - not sure where a few are getting on their high horse from. Vast majority seeing the striker and scoring issue as well as unforced errors rightly as our downfall tonight, whilst recognising that we played decently overall and should've won as well as positives such as Sarmiento, all the while being disappointed we've been knocked out the cup we realistically had. A chance in

Edit - okay a few moaning about individuals. But it's a football message board after a loss - people venting and that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here