Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As others have said his worth to us is probably more than his true market value and I wouldn't be looking for anything less than 10m, considering we will be left with one striker and our track record of replacing is poor. Would like to think the club wont sanction any sale until replacements are in place, but this hasn't been a great start to the summer so far so I doubt it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leicester Bid £3 / £5 million for Ulloa

As others have said his worth to us is probably more than his true market value and I wouldn't be looking for anything less than 10m, considering we will be left with one striker and our track record of replacing is poor. Would like to think the club wont sanction any sale until replacements are in place, but this hasn't been a great start to the summer so far so I doubt it.

Can't think of any examples where a club has replaced a player before selling. If you were to do that then the selling club HAS to sell and loses its position of strength in the bargaining.

No way is Ulloa worth 10m by the way. You just have to look at some of the transfer fees paid over the last couple of windows for comparable or better players to see that.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't think of any examples where a club has replaced a player before selling. If you were to do that then the selling club HAS to sell and loses its position of strength in the bargaining.
Nwgull - Spurs bought all Bale's replacements before selling him.
And that worked out well for them didn't it...
So you think they were diddled when selling Bale for £100m? nwgull's point was that you lose your position of strength in the bargaining, and he couldn't think of an example where it happened. Weezle pointed out an example, and it didn't stop their position of strength.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Ulloa IMO is worth about 4ml with some add ons of 1ml.I also reckon we might sell CMS as well,if he has indicated that he will not sign a new contract next year .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ulloa IMO is worth about 4ml with some add ons of 1ml.I also reckon we might sell CMS as well,if he has indicated that he will not sign a new contract next year .

We have 2 strikers.
You want to under-sell one, and you think we will also sell the other. I think neither will go.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have 2 strikers.
You want to under-sell one, and you think we will also sell the other. I think neither will go.

The pre season friendly v Posh could all be part of a player swap deal :wink:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nope, or at least the deal was agreed much earlier than it was made public. Spurs knew they had the money coming before they spent it.

Possibly this. I don't really remember much about Spurs' transfer activity last year, other than getting Real to pay top dollar for Bale, who is a unique player.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Maybe Ulloa has grown to love the city and the club so much he doesn't want to leave whatever anyone offers him, i doubt it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here