Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leftover money from the banner..?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Am i correct in thinking that after the 'stand or fall' banner was paid for there was left over money from the donations? If so are there plans for this money? could it be used for more flags in the north stand?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It went to the normal people who took the cup final money

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
because a giant flag would cost a lot and need quite a few people to look after it, and to organize its use at games would it be a better idea for the money to be spent on smaller individual flags like the dick knight one in the north stand. if anyone from the north stand wanted to bring one to each home game that is....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think you should put another banner up on the other side to the stand or fall banner if you have some money left. My vote would be for the 'We Wunt Be Druv' banner.

It went to the normal people who took the cup final money

what about a flag with a huge picture of a water vole with the words underneath 29 YEARS OF MISSING CASH

- - - Updated - - -

there were plans to make a giant flag type thing to be passed over the north stand. I think a lot more money would be needed though.

Considering the size of the north £50 should cover it:moo:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Why is it that there only seems to be one flag/banner up before the game in the stands? i'm pretty sure that we have a load of flags not being used. If all were waving before the game the north would look amazing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
because a giant flag would cost a lot and need quite a few people to look after it, and to organize its use at games would it be a better idea for the money to be spent on smaller individual flags like the dick knight one in the north stand. if anyone from the north stand wanted to bring one to each home game that is....

Am i correct in thinking that after the 'stand or fall' banner was paid for there was left over money from the donations? If so are there plans for this money? could it be used for more flags in the north stand?

There is a new Bloom flag, I think that has been around for the last two home games. I'm not sure whether this was paid for from the money left from the Stand or Fall banner though. Rest assured that any money left over from the Stand or Fall banner will only be reinvested in some more flags or banners though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just not the football vs homophobia banner i cringe every time i see that

Some people cringe at everything- songs, banners, people wearing a Brighton kit at a Brighton game. Why you would 'cringe' at this banner I have NO idea.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Some people cringe at everything- songs, banners, people wearing a Brighton kit at a Brighton game. Why you would 'cringe' at this banner I have NO idea.

Because he is a homophobe! ???

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just not the football vs homophobia banner i cringe every time i see that

Maybe we should have that, then another banner next to it saying 'WE LOVE DICK'? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here