Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
i am hoping so, not in a disastrous not win again for the rest of the season but because i am well and truly converted to proper (and yeah i know bates and st johns and yada yada) football and the pl is so far from genuine fans and grounds and what have you, the championship is not too far behind and i am enjoying visiting places like wycombe and exeter and standing on terraces and having a few beers and banter with people who go and support their club not because some rich twat spent on the worlds best talent but because they are local people at their local club watching some (sometime) relatively talented players doing something they enjoy.

i'd genuinely be sorry to see us go up. the pl is not the promised land, wouldn't want us to go back there - ever. interestingly, i heard a derby fan on 606 saying exactly the same thing as me last night, he wouldn't want them to go up again. that football at their/this level is far more enjoyable both on and off the pitch.

Funnily enough Starry, I was having an enjoyable conflab with a couple of Leeds Home & Away-ers in the boozer (when you played down here a this season) - & they said much the same as you have. I think it's really encouraging that more & more people are really questioning the whole value of the Premiershite Monster, but I would like The Albion to have the opportunity to give it a whirl at some time in the not-to-distant. I must admit that I ain't holding my breath though.. :wink:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i am hoping so, not in a disastrous not win again for the rest of the season but because i am well and truly converted to proper (and yeah i know bates and st johns and yada yada) football and the pl is so far from genuine fans and grounds and what have you, the championship is not too far behind and i am enjoying visiting places like wycombe and exeter and standing on terraces and having a few beers and banter with people who go and support their club not because some rich twat spent on the worlds best talent but because they are local people at their local club watching some (sometime) relatively talented players doing something they enjoy.

i'd genuinely be sorry to see us go up. the pl is not the promised land, wouldn't want us to go back there - ever. interestingly, i heard a derby fan on 606 saying exactly the same thing as me last night, he wouldn't want them to go up again. that football at their/this level is far more enjoyable both on and off the pitch.

A few of my mates had Charlton STHs for years and said similar things when they were in the championship, a more enjoyable match day experience.

That said, they weren't too happy about dropping to this level :lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
of the leeds fans i know more of us would would prefer to stay in league one than to get promoted. the premier league has absolutely no appeal or interest to me whatsoever, the championship a little - but with the way things are going in the premiership the championship is only a little way behind that monster.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
of the leeds fans i know more of us would would prefer to stay in league one than to get promoted. the premier league has absolutely no appeal or interest to me whatsoever, the championship a little - but with the way things are going in the premiership the championship is only a little way behind that monster.

You just like being the biggest team in the division that everyone wants to beat rather than the also rans you are likely to be in the Championship and certainly the Premiership?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here