Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Brighton. Unofficial Thread.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
listening to the local radio phone in on way back and some northern b*****d was going on how leeds should beat the teams such as Brighton who "belong" in league 1 and how this was brightons “big game of the season” (don’t know about Tottenham??!!), I jus wanna thank the Albion fan who called up to say that we’d got 4points off ‘em while they only got 1, he really pissed off their commentators!! :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
jodcm007 said:
listening to the local radio phone in on way back and some northern b*****d was going on how leeds should beat the teams such as Brighton who "belong" in league 1 and how this was brightons “big game of the season” (don’t know about Tottenham??!!), I jus wanna thank the Albion fan who called up to say that we’d got 4points off ‘em while they only got 1, he really pissed off their commentators!! :lolol:

I love it listening to these big time clubs' radio shows when they've failed to beat clubs like Brighton who belong in the lower divisions

Shame that their team and manager didn't know that we don't turn up to hand them the three points simply because "We are Leeds":lolol:

Last edited:

Bakke on their phone-in came out with the classic "with respect, we should be beating teams like them" :lolol:

Great result for us. Thought we did OK in the first half. Leeds are a much better team than when we played them a few months ago, Healy and Lennon give them a different dimension going forward, but with our new Yankie German playing superbly in goal, we scrambled well....until the goal, which was both poor and unlucky. Another millimetre of a second later that deflection would have been a great defensive block, but we had chances to clear immediately before that.

What really impressed me was McGhee's response - switching back to an attacking 4-4-2 and freshening up the personnel. Virgs was superb leading the line. The old-style midfield of OGH, Chippy, Charlie and Jonah reverted to the more direct play of last season and it was no surprise that a deep cross got us back level.

We were the better team after that and might have really put Leeds under a lot of pressure at the end but for the Charlie sending off. Our best players today were Reid, Virgs, the goalie and Chippy, with Mayo not far behind.

For Derby we will certainly have to go back to 3-5-2 because they are lethal down the wings and we will need to compress play infield, but it's so pleasing that McGhee has a variety of gameplans and approaches that can earn us the points.

Although Alexis is the obvious replacement for Charlie, what about promoting the outstanding Reid to midfield, for me his passing has a real vision that could really get Leon and Big Mac a lot of chances.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
You're not a biggg club, anymore! :clap2:

Fantastic day, stated at 5.00 in the morning and finished at 12.30. :eek: But well worth it, Elland Road didn't seem as big as I had expected, looked smaller than White Hart Line but then the space between seats was ridiculous. And thanks to big Guy coming in with the last goal at 33/1...

:drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Starry said:

Who is your left back? Ginger hair I think, and do you lot rate him?

That's Kerry Mayo "The Ginger Prince" He's the only player left from the Goldstone days. He may not be anything special, but he is well liked. He's a local lad and he'll do for me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
dougdeep said:
That's Kerry Mayo "The Ginger Prince" He's the only player left from the Goldstone days. He may not be anything special, but he is well liked. He's a local lad and he'll do for me.

Ah ok, thanks.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Curiousity really. And since being graced with the wonder of Ian Harte </sarcasm> at left back for us I hadn't seen another left back who look quite so disinterested and off the pace as yesterday.

JR Ewing

Jan 12, 2005
Got to the Drysalters at about 1ish. My Leeds supporting work colleagues couldn't believe that we had taken it over. The game has been well documented. All I would add is that we outsung Leeds fans throughout the game. Deane was an absolute donkey. Healy looked good but seemed to be playing out on the wing. I thought he was a centre forward?

We desrved the draw. Any other result would have been hard on both sides.

Leeds are a long long way off getting back to the Premiership. I also thought the ground looked very old and tired. Made me think of Sheff Weds ground. Perhaps a similar fate awates

I also listened to the Leeds radio going home. Its the mentality of players like Bakke which is why Leeds are just a mid table side. You have to earn wins, and thinking its Brighton and just turning up is Leeds downfall. Plus players liek Carlisle think they have made it. They probably have, its the pinnacle of their career hence no further ambition.

I'm not surprised that Leeds fans were chanting "whose the faggot in the pink", I'm more surprised (or maybe I shouldn't) that it was included in the Leeds paper today.

Anyway a hard week lays instore for the lads at work.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
TOP day out. The tank is a fuckin legend!!!!!!!!

Me and group I was with felt first half we were DIRE!!

All changed though when Gary Hart came on!

Elland Road is nothing Like I expected, as per prev reply...its tired and old!

Have to say the Keeper (only met the team on Thursday night) was class under the circumstances and noted Butters (again!!) on corners giving team defensive advice!! What a man!!!!

I love BHA and will until I die!!!!!!!

:flameboun

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Starry said:
Curiousity really. And since being graced with the wonder of Ian Harte </sarcasm> at left back for us I hadn't seen another left back who look quite so disinterested and off the pace as yesterday.
Sorry for my ignorance - are you saying YOUR left-back was disinterested or OURS?

Because I thought Kerry Mayo was fecking superb on Saturday. Very cool under pressure, made his decisions well, and played like a seasoned pro. That left-back slot will be his for a couple of seasons yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here