Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
What the hell is happening in football at the moment.

How on earth can Leeds sell their training ground on the same day as bidding £100,000 for David Healy

What a Joke!!!

Why on earth are they allowed to keep bidding for players when they are £20+ million in debt!!

It is a Joke. something needs to be done about this now!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Dick Knights Mum said:
A glance down the M1 to Sheffield Wednesday looks to be inducing even more panic.

What going on there then?

And Leeds are Leeds thats why......:angry:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I assume it is because their assets still out weight their debts. If they sold all their players and thir ground for example I'm sure they could get £20m together.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Well I got a text yesterday stating Preston denied Leeds were attempting to buy him?

If Leeds don't go up this or next season they will be in the crap!! They are currently getting rid of staff from behind the scenes ie security, office staff etc etc.

I for one will laugh sooooo much when this goes tits up, I cannot see them going up again for some time yet!!

:shootself

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
that's exactly it their assets outstrip their debts... however it's likely that there finances are in more than one account... it's kind of like saying that if you are at your overdraft limit on one acct but have a savings account with the same bank or even elsewhere that you shouldn't be allowed to spend your money which i'm sure would go down well....
on the pluas side who would you rather be leeds with £20 mill debts and still spending or trying to avoid being in that situation in the first place.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
From the Guardian:

Leeds United have sold their Thorp Arch training centre to reduce debts of 40 million pounds ($72 million) and signed a 25-year lease to keep using the facilities, the second division club said on Thursday.
Leeds said they expect to reduce debts, which stood at over 100 million pounds before the club was rescued by a consortium in March, by four million pounds. The Yorkshire club also have an option to buy back the centre near Wetherby.

£40M - looks more of a problem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why would the guardian say $72million, was this the American Online version?

Ha ha ha....let the scum die:angel:

larus

Dick Knights Mum said:
From the Guardian:

Leeds United have sold their Thorp Arch training centre to reduce debts of 40 million pounds ($72 million) and signed a 25-year lease to keep using the facilities, the second division club said on Thursday.
Leeds said they expect to reduce debts, which stood at over 100 million pounds before the club was rescued by a consortium in March, by four million pounds. The Yorkshire club also have an option to buy back the centre near Wetherby.

£40M - looks more of a problem.

It's a sign, it's a sign. :lolol:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
There is nothing the FA will do, Leeds are classed as a big club and will be looked after is total b******s:angry: :censored:

It's seems the Leeds policy this season is shit or bust. If this plan doesn't get them promotion at the first go, it may well lead them on the road to the latter. Let's hope we can turn them over next week and send them on the same slipery slope as their South Yorkshire neighbours. Me vindictive?...Yep! :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
i think they will be in for it after the parachue payments from the prem stops, which is 2 seasons i believe?

cant see them going up, more likely to go down. :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
the bids been rejected of 100k, preston are said to want around a million, cant see that happening if his contract is expiring

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
kinkygerbil said:
its not fair the fa should do something about it
can you imagine he we go down due to healy scoring in one of our matches

Why?

We would be able to borrow enough money to buy Thierry Henry if we had Falmer to borrow against.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
DBS said:
There is nothing the FA will do, Leeds are classed as a big club and will be looked after is total b******s:angry: :censored:

A bit like Sheff/Weds you mean...?

Tom the Croc

Oct 12, 2004
Brighton - where else?
Kevin Blackwell said the other day that in some ways it would be better for Leeds not to go up this season. Surely the only thing that can save them is more Prem money?? What a ridiculous statement!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Tom the Croc said:
Kevin Blackwell said the other day that in some ways it would be better for Leeds not to go up this season. Surely the only thing that can save them is more Prem money?? What a ridiculous statement!

he only said that to save himself when they DONT get promoted! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here