Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds united

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I like watching Fat Leeds fans crying on the telly as much as the next man,however I would like to get the scum out of this league now,also if they don't go up Grayson will be sacked,who do You think they may want as their next manager?

Fair points there Normski, but I'm not at all convinced GP will relish the opportunity to spend the next few years having pish-all money to spend on building a team in his image. Add to that the prospect of having the lovely Uncle Ken & their MASSIVE fan-base breathing down his neck again 24/7, I reckon he'll think better of it. Innit. :thumbsup:

Edit: Did I say years there?! :dunce: I meant weeks, of course (before the inevitable happens & he's thrown out onto the huge ER Manager Failure Scrap Heap). :wink:

Last edited:

sussexbornandbred

Dec 27, 2009
Still a massive club though, threads like this prove it. I bet you they couldn't give two shits about us.

I dont think this thread proves they're a massive club, people find the way they've collapsed amusing because of their complete arrogance. there are plenty of teams that have struggled in the second half of the season in various divisions but it just seems that leeds fans are still living in the past. its not because its leeds that someone started this thread its the fact that a team went from having an 8 point lead at new years to being a long way off the pace now. there'd be similar threads if it had happened to any other team.

the measure of how big a club they are is surely in whether the rumours are true and that poyet is a favourite if/when grayson goes...if he were to stay its not the best news for such a "massive club"

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
I hope Gus's people read this board;

the grass is not always greener in Yorkshire; Gus can establish his reputation with us with his next move upwards to a higher division [ replacing Harry in 2 years?] or even La Liga. Going to Leeds is a sideways move

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why do some people assume that Gus would choose to manage Leeds? In terms of his career, he had only a limited affiliation with them, and his time with Brighton far outweighs that.

If you want to know where his heart lies remind yourself of the dug-out feud at their ground.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Who would you rather work for, a good honest loyal chairman or a bearded backstabbing wanker crook?...

I think Gustavo is sensible enough to realise where's best for him.

sussexbornandbred

Dec 27, 2009
Who would you rather work for, a good honest loyal chairman or a bearded backstabbing wanker crook?...

I think Gustavo is sensible enough to realise where's best for him.

exactly! funny thing is though, i dont think leeds fans really understand that, and they think that they can attract anyone cos they're such a "big" club. :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
The quote from the Argus article is:

“Everybody thinks you are coming here just to do well for five or six months and then run away. I think everybody has to be realistic. If Real Madrid came in, you couldn’t say no, but I know that is not going to happen.

“I want to build a team playing the way I think is the best way to win football matches and I think slowly I am doing that, so why are you going to move and start from zero again?

“The idea is to be able to create that way of playing, to stay in the same place for years. It would be excellent if we can achieve the option of being at Falmer.”

I think that says it all, don't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here