Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds tickets

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Snowy said:
From last years experiences, is it safe to wear colours outside the ground?

I wore mine last year, was stood outside the pub just up the road for awhile waiting for it to open and had no trouble. Some good converstaion with some of their fans etc.

Having said that would not wear them in city centre though.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Snowy said:
From last years experiences, is it safe to wear colours outside the ground?

As long as you're not wandering around, shouting your mouth off you'll be fine wearing colours.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the huge pub over the road from the "stadium" is ok, decent atmosphere and big screens for the lunchtime games,

Chippy next door sells chips with gravy...mmmmmmm

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
I wore mine last year, was stood outside the pub just up the road for awhile waiting for it to open and had no trouble. Some good converstaion with some of their fans etc.

Having said that would not wear them in city centre though.

i wore mine up there last year, and the palookaville shirt was also present at the lucas radebe testemonial

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No problems with Leeds fans at all last year and wore the shirt without any hassle at all.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
cheers, I will not worry about finding a pub with sky then. Will head for a weatherspoons as I will be letting my eldest loose on elland rd for the 1st time so require a kid friendly watering hole. I am a cruel father.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
last year didn't wear colours but drank in the pub full of Leeds opposite the stadium + had good banter with Leeds, sung some songs + no probs. After the game drank in Leeds town centre and again sung some songs . . .still no probs. Found everyone to be most friendly.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Ticket scam at United
By phil hay

Leeds United will increase turnstile security for Saturday's clash with Brighton after uncovering a ticket scam at Elland Road.
The club are planning extra vigilance ahead of the Championship fixture following the emergence of a growing trend of adults buying concessionary tickets and then gaining entry.
United's electronic entrance scheme allows supporters through the turnstiles after scanning a barcode on their ticket, and the club will channel concessions through a limited number of gates on Saturday as they attempt to single out offenders.
Chief executive officer Shaun Harvey said: "This is an issue which we have become increasingly aware of, and which has also been brought to our attention by a number of supporters.
"It is effectively taking money away from the club and, in turn, has a direct impact on ticket prices and the amount of money we are able to invest in Leeds.
"The money which supporters put into the club goes towards improving Kevin Blackwell's squad and improving the facilities which supporters themselves enjoy at Elland Road. This problem is something which we want to put a stop to."
United are expecting their biggest home crowd of the season this weekend, eclipsing the 21,229 who attended the 2-0 victory over Wolves last month

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=46&ArticleID=1135588

Oct 20, 2004
Dont worry, we'll only attack women and children wearing scarves like your lot did.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Black Country Seagull said:
Ticket scam at United
By phil hay

Leeds United will increase turnstile security for Saturday's clash with Brighton after uncovering a ticket scam at Elland Road.
The club are planning extra vigilance ahead of the Championship fixture following the emergence of a growing trend of adults buying concessionary tickets and then gaining entry.
United's electronic entrance scheme allows supporters through the turnstiles after scanning a barcode on their ticket, and the club will channel concessions through a limited number of gates on Saturday as they attempt to single out offenders.
Chief executive officer Shaun Harvey said: "This is an issue which we have become increasingly aware of, and which has also been brought to our attention by a number of supporters.
"It is effectively taking money away from the club and, in turn, has a direct impact on ticket prices and the amount of money we are able to invest in Leeds.
"The money which supporters put into the club goes towards improving Kevin Blackwell's squad and improving the facilities which supporters themselves enjoy at Elland Road. This problem is something which we want to put a stop to."
United are expecting their biggest home crowd of the season this weekend, eclipsing the 21,229 who attended the 2-0 victory over Wolves last month

cheeky bloody Northerners!!:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Black Country Seagull said:
Ticket scam at United
By phil hay

typical northerners, always finding a way to save money and con people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here