Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds talking to Ken Bates (according to SSN)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Ken talking about investing in Leeds says sky sports news..

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Leeds are rumoured to be in discussions with my nextdoor neighbours dog, Benji.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
They seem to talk to loads of people, but as soon as they open up the books everyone seems to leave sharpish.
I hope they're f*cked

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At this rate they'll be in talks with Bill Archer soon.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I told you all this last week when he was denying ever being at the Dorchester in London having a meeting.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Curious Orange said:
So, Starry, how does another £80 million debt grab you? He knows how to run a football club does Ken.

Doesn't grab me at all.

Grabs me even less that the rest of the board will leave (bought out) and my good friend </sarcasm> Simon Morris will be staying.

And contrary to what was posted above it is not a done deal.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
I hope for your sake that someone comes to the rescue who has the best interests of the fans at heart. That man is not Blaster Bates. As well as taking Chelsea to the brink he also did his best to turn the Wembley redevelopment into a disaster too.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
n1 gull said:
They seem to talk to loads of people, but as soon as they open up the books everyone seems to leave sharpish.
I hope they're f*cked

A bit harsh, though losing 10 points might be good for us, I would hate to see anytime go through that. It would also feel hollow if we were to finish 4 bottom, with leeds below us after losing 10 points.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I heard he will probably try to buy Sheff Wed. If that fails then he'll try for the lesser club.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
dougdeep said:
I heard he will probably try to buy Sheff Wed. If that fails then he'll try for the lesser club.

He tried to get in at Leeds last March but was told to take a jump, then went to Wednesday when he couldn't get in at Leeds. Came back to Leeds because, well - who knows. But its his own money he is using not bankrolled from anywhere else and if he is prepared to risk it we'll take it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wednesday fought him off. He's not the most financially astute of directors and Leeds must be desperate to consider him.

He will increase your debts Starry without a doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here