Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Stewards today

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good grief. Presumably the steward in question had identified the writer by the fact that he was wearing a pink shirt. I cannot even begin to fathom why it could POSSIBLY be construed as homophobic that, in order to identify the same person to a colleague (presumably they'd been talking about him) he described the colour of his shirt. As he would no doubt have done if you'd been wearing a green shirt, or a yellow one, or just about any colour other than a blue & white striped or green & black striped one. If he'd said "that poof over there", or "that lardy twat in row X" or "that ginger tosspiece", then you might have had a case (random insults, I have no idea what you look like so don't take offence). But by raising your shirt colour as an issue, I'm sorry to say you're in severe danger of making a complete idiot of yourself. Staggering also that, given you say he called you fat and gobby too, the one thing you're making an issue of is your SHIRT? :facepalm:

For what it's worth, I thought the stewards in the main were extremely friendly and helpful yesterday, even the one who discovered a small, ahem, issue with my match ticket. The ones by the exit cheerily wished us a safe journey home, which you don't always get.

Alright, so they tell you to sit down. But it is actually what they're paid to do, them's the rules. None of us are that keen on it, but we can hardly complain when they're enforced, given that by paying for a ticket and entering, you are effectively agreeing to comply with them. Oh, and they did tell some Leeds fans (the chavvy group of teenage wannabes nearest us) to sit down, as I remember the Albion contingent cheering when it happened.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wooden?? our seats were blue plastic... and absolutely Arthur Waitesque with regards knee room!

Wooden seats where I was and I thought the leg room was crap. Strange as I was a few seats from Notters for a fair amount of that game :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Compared to previous visits to Elland Road I thought the stewards were friendly and helpful....in the concourse they made an effort to chat and engage in some good natured banter. It seems to me that we are almost grateful when opposing fans start their 'we can see you holding hands' so that we can go through our full range of songs. The look on the Leeds fans faces when we started the '1-0 to the Nancy boy's'was a joy to behold.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For what it's worth, I thought the stewards in the main were extremely friendly and helpful yesterday, even the one who discovered a small, ahem, issue with my match ticket.

Trying to get in with an U16 ticket ???

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
I thought the police were more annoying than the stewards. They were Filming AND photographing us all throughout the game. I don't really understand why they feel the need for this when other forces seem to manage perfectly well without.

Definitely agree with this - one very keen amateur photographer cop snapping away all game

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Did anyone spot that steward from a couple of years ago who was the spitting image of Mark McGhee - great fun had by all, singing the "pints of whisky" song!

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Compared to previous visits to Elland Road I thought the stewards were friendly and helpful....in the concourse they made an effort to chat and engage in some good natured banter. It seems to me that we are almost grateful when opposing fans start their 'we can see you holding hands' so that we can go through our full range of songs. The look on the Leeds fans faces when we started the '1-0 to the Nancy boy's'was a joy to behold.

Liked the 'youll never know till u tried it' one aswell when they were singing do u take it up the arse.why people take it to heart its only banter and weve got a good comeback for every one that theey sing to us

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The leg room was fine actually, better than almost any ground I've been to despite the old wooden seats.

I thought the police were more annoying than the stewards. They were Filming AND photographing us all throughout the game. I don't really understand why they feel the need for this when other forces seem to manage perfectly well without.

Last time I was up there (the 3-3 where Carole had his finest hour) the seats were so close I headbutted the guy in front of me standing up so they have improved.

Know what you mean about the Police getting carried away. I am thinking of giving Selhurst a wide swerve in the future due to the Met being over the top.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT; for many years there was a Fish and Chip Shop in Elland Rd that was always very cheap very near the ground is it still there.

On the thread the best things about Leeds yesterday somebody posted that the fish and chips opposite the ground were brilliant so that obviously answers my question.

ssbhafc22

Sep 22, 2011
Can i just point out that i did not have a problem with sitting down, i had a problem with the fact the stewards started from the back so when i did sit down i couldnt see because the row in front of me were still standing, because the row in front of them was still standing because the....(think you get the point now). The TV gantry (where i was located) was not a problem whether sitting or standing as i could see the pitch fully.

I am really not one to complain or moan (i promise) about things like this but for me the stewards did ruin my enjoyment of the game, all i wanted to do was cheer my team to victory and have a great day out. After due consideration i will not be sending the letter as i gave it a lot of thought and came to the conclusion why the hell would leeds care and after reading some of your comments i actually agree with you, i made the decision to write the letter in the heat of the moment.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who put there point accross and i would like to apologise for sounding like a twat.

LET'S GO AND WIN AGAINST MILWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here