Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds scum. Again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hang on though, didn't Brighton take 25,000 to the Play-Off Final in 2004 against BC?

What was your average attendance that year, i would guess 6k tops? So as near as damn it 20,000 hangers on, floating fans and glory-seekers?

Whenever there is a big game the floating fans come out of the woodwork, it always happens and Leeds have a huge fan base therefore the demand is greater surely?
29,000 actually, and maybe Edna didn't give a shit about the 20,000 who hadn't been to Withers all season.

But you're missing the point. These are Leeds fans going ticketless, they are most likely to be complete twats, so all is good. If ever there was a case uniting behind a post, this is it. :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hang on though, didn't Brighton take 25,000 to the Play-Off Final in 2004 against BC?

What was your average attendance that year, i would guess 6k tops? So as near as damn it 20,000 hangers on, floating fans and glory-seekers?

Whenever there is a big game the floating fans come out of the woodwork, it always happens and Leeds have a huge fan base therefore the demand is greater surely?

Absolutely, I'm not criticising the floating fans as such, every club has them when they get to Wembley. I bet even Rochdale, average attendance probably around 2,500, can raise 15,000 or so for the play off final.

What I'm saying is that I'm not going to have sympathy for the floaters who can't get tickets. So long as the die-hard fans get them, then the rest can go swivel.

Especially if they support Leeds.

Come on, can you honestly say if it was Palace v Leeds, and you had 6,000 spare, you'd be begging Simon Jordan to make them available for cuddly Ken to distribute amongst his flock??

PS excuse me, we have FAR more floaters than that, we took just under 30,000 ACTUALLY
:p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And incidentally, I'm fairly sure something similar did happen with Bristol City. I'm sure they got about 10,000 more than us once we couldn't do any more, and fair enough. If you can sell them and the other lot can't, you should get them.
It was indeed the case. I remember thinking how irritating it was that there were a few seats that Bristol might have sold with a bit more planning.

However if it had been Leeds, the thought of 6,000 pissed off twats would actually have pleased me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Simster, I have to disagree.

I don't particularly like Leeds but I don't like to see the average football fan get f***ed over, and there's no doubt a lot of Leeds fans ARE getting f***ed over.

Moreover, if I was a Doncaster fan I'd WANT Leeds to have the 6,000 tickets because:

1. 6,000 empty seats on the day is a blatant reminder that even if you have taken 24,000 fans you are still A SMALL CLUB.

2. The more Leeds fans get to see their team humbled by Doncaster the sweeter the day for those Donny fans who've turned up.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
29,000 actually, and maybe Edna didn't give a shit about the 20,000 who hadn't been to Withers all season.

But you're missing the point. These are Leeds fans going ticketless, they are most likely to be complete twats, so all is good. If ever there was a case uniting behind a post, this is it. :D

No she obviously didn't but she does care about the floating Leeds support even though it is nowhere near as big as Brighton's was?

Some people might call that double standards Simeon, not me you understand but some.

Still Leeds scumbags eh?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Absolutely, I'm not criticising the floating fans as such, every club has them when they get to Wembley. I bet even Rochdale, average attendance probably around 2,500, can raise 15,000 or so for the play off final.

What I'm saying is that I'm not going to have sympathy for the floaters who can't get tickets. So long as the die-hard fans get them, then the rest can go swivel.

Especially if they support Leeds.

Come on, can you honestly say if it was Palace v Leeds, and you had 6,000 spare, you'd be begging Simon Jordan to make them available for cuddly Ken to distribute amongst his flock??

PS excuse me, we have FAR more floaters than that, we took just under 30,000 ACTUALLY
:p

Palace wouldn't have 6,000 tickets spare for a Play-Off Final but if they did then surely the other club if they can sell them should have the chance to do so? Or is it only because it is Leeds?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace wouldn't have 6,000 tickets spare for a Play-Off Final but if they did then surely the other club if they can sell them should have the chance to do so? Or is it only because it is Leeds?

I knew you'd say that (re Palace)!

And yes, yes it is because it is Leeds. Absolutely :lolol:

Like I said, their regular fans all have tickets, so the fact that a few hundred glad-hand waving, jester-hat wearing once-a-season-merchants can't find a seat for Wembley bothers me about as much as Palace's failure to reach the final did.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Was it nearly 5,000 tickets Bamber sold to Man U fans in 1983.
He took some stick for doing that and I know many fans were very uncomfortable about having those fans sitting behind them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hands up who'd want the Albion to give Palace tickets in the same situation?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And that's what makes it so hilarious. Fans of the mighty "Champions of Europe" in a ticket frenzy for a League 1 play-off final. Ha Ha!

...just DAYS after their biggest "rivals" have contested the biggest prize in club football.

Chortle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Simster, I have to disagree.

I don't particularly like Leeds but I don't like to see the average football fan get f***ed over, and there's no doubt a lot of Leeds fans ARE getting f***ed over.

Moreover, if I was a Doncaster fan I'd WANT Leeds to have the 6,000 tickets because:

1. 6,000 empty seats on the day is a blatant reminder that even if you have taken 24,000 fans you are still A SMALL CLUB.

2. The more Leeds fans get to see their team humbled by Doncaster the sweeter the day for those Donny fans who've turned up.

When a single Leeds fan tell me that they were wrong...I might feel some sympathy. Until that day they can swivel.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can I just reiterate - they're not scum for wanting the extra unsold tickets.
They're scum for turning up at Doncasters ground and being abusive to staff who are bound by Football League rules not to sell those tickets to Leeds fans. There's a right way and a wrong way to go about this - and as usual, you can always trust a proportion of Leeds meatheads to do it the wrong way.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nothing at all like Brighton fans who pretending to be Reading fans when we played them at the Majedski...

...or who pretending to be West Ham / Spurs fans etc etc...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nothing at all like Brighton fans who pretending to be Reading fans when we played them at the Majedski...

...or who pretending to be West Ham / Spurs fans etc etc...

Correct. Nothing like that at all.
Did an angry mob of Brighton fans descend on the Reading / West Ham / Spurs ticket office demanding to be sold spare tickets ? Not to my knowledge (unless Beach Hut really lost the plot).

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Correct. Nothing like that at all.
Did an angry mob of Brighton fans descend on the Reading / West Ham / Spurs ticket office demanding to be sold spare tickets ? Not to my knowledge (unless Beach Hut really lost the plot).

in the case of the Reading game , they were willing to sell them in advance and post codes didnt matter. There was also a thread on here telling people what part of the ground to purchase their tickets for, if i recall correctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here