Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds scum. Again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the beeb:

Doncaster Rovers has closed its ticket office after being besieged by Leeds United fans looking for tickets to Sunday's play-off final at Wembley.

More than 100 Leeds supporters gathered at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium after being told their own club had sold its 36,000 allocation of tickets.

Stewards were called in at the ground after staff were verbally abused.

Rovers wanted to give 6,000 unsold tickets to Leeds but the Football League has not allowed the swap.

A Doncaster spokesman said: "Some Leeds fans are upset and angry and we have brought in staff and stewards to calm and placate them.

"We are telling fans not to gather. If you turn up you will have to fill a ticket form in, and all ticket requests will be vetted.

"We are trying to vet everyone who comes through but it is quite possible that there are Leeds fans who have managed to get tickets."

'Watch from Leeds'

The Football League wants to avoid Leeds fans sitting in Doncaster seats and has told Doncaster fans that unless they are on the database they will not be allocated a ticket.

Anyone with a Leeds or Bradford postcode will not be allocated a Doncaster ticket.

Leeds had been allocated a total of 36,000 seats for the match and thousands of fans queued outside Elland Road for the last 10,000 tickets.

The club hopes fans not able to attend will support the club from Leeds on Sunday.

From top to bottom that f***ing club is absolutely RIDDLED with scum. Part of me wants their foul, disgusting presence OUT of our division so we don't have to put up with them any longer. But then I bitterly begrudge ANY success that cheating mob get this or any season, so I hope Doncaster stuff them out of sight. I think I despise Leeds more than Palace and Pompey combined.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If Doncaster play like they did last Friday, Leeds will get HAMMERED.

Part of me wants Leeds to get hammered, but part of me wants them to get promoted so they're not in our division any more.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of all their crimes, this is hardly the worst Easy. You're talking about fans who would try anything to see their team in a play-off final at Wembley. So would I.

Shite behaviour towards Doncaster officials and staff cannot be condoned, it's not their fault - but let's not pretend we'd be happy if someone said 6,000 seats unsold by the other team were going to stay empty rather than pass them on. If you didn't have a ticket, you'd be livid.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
6,000 UNSOLD tickets? Bloody hell, that's bad on Doncaster's part. And even more so that they can't be given to Leeds.

For goodness sake, if Brighton had sold out of tickets and fans were desperate to go then I'm sure every single available avenue to get tickets would be tried. It's only 100 out of tens of thousands. Calling them scum just because they are desperate to see their side play at Wembley is shortsighted.

Okay verbally abusing staff can't be condoned but what was said? "Bloody hell"? Just words.

Jan 30, 2008
whats the problem? with the clubs only a few miles apart it was obvious this was going to happen ,i dont see it as a major problem, and i think you will find there's a fair few leeds fans in donny anyway.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
whats the problem? with the clubs only a few miles apart it was obvious this was going to happen ,i dont see it as a major problem, and i think you will find there's a fair few leeds fans in donny anyway.

Might be one or two Donny sympathisers amongst the Leeds lot too...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turning up mob-handed to buy tickets in the away end, then getting gobby and abusing staff when they don't get what they want IS the behaviour of a scumbag as far as I'm concerned.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Didn't some Albion fans go into the home end at West Ham in the cup......

As other people have put, its not really the worst crime in the world.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'd think it would be straightforward to allocate tickets with a strict deadline for reallocation of unsold tickets to the club with the largest demand.

I'd have expected the demand to be Doncaster c. 25,000, Leeds 45-50,000. Surely you can carve the stadium up into manageable blocks? 1,500 unallocated tickets is the max you'd say was acceptable. I feel a bit sorry for genuine Leeds fans who can;t get one of the 6,000 tickets going spare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
feel a bit sorry for genuine Leeds fans who can;t get one of the 6,000 tickets going spare.

Hmmm, Leeds average attendance this season must be, what, 24,000 or so, therefore they have comfortably enough tickets to accommodate all their season ticket holders (who I presume would have had priority), plus plenty of away members, or whatever such scheme they have going.

Therefore anybody left is more than likely a hanger on, a floating fan, a glory-seeker etc. I'm sure all the "genuine fans", ie the ones who could actually be ARSED to support them in their first ever season at this level got theirs, so frankly anyone else can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned.

If the Albion had 6,000 spare seats in the same situation, would you still say give them to Leeds??

No sympathy WHATSOEVER from me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's wrong that 6,000 tickets are going spare - typical incompetence from those in charge of making the decisions.

On the other hand, the ticketless fans are Leeds supporters which makes it all OK as far as I'm concerned. Worth a hearty chuckle, in fact. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly.

6000 spare seats = bad.

6000 Leeds fans unable to get tickets= funny.

:lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Hmmm, Leeds average attendance this season must be, what, 24,000 or so, therefore they have comfortably enough tickets to accommodate all their season ticket holders (who I presume would have had priority), plus plenty of away members, or whatever such scheme they have going.

Therefore anybody left is more than likely a hanger on, a floating fan, a glory-seeker etc. I'm sure all the "genuine fans", ie the ones who could actually be ARSED to support them in their first ever season at this level got theirs, so frankly anyone else can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned.

If the Albion had 6,000 spare seats in the same situation, would you still say give them to Leeds??

Hang on though, didn't Brighton take 25,000 to the Play-Off Final in 2004 against BC?

What was your average attendance that year, i would guess 6k tops? So as near as damn it 20,000 hangers on, floating fans and glory-seekers?

Whenever there is a big game the floating fans come out of the woodwork, it always happens and Leeds have a huge fan base therefore the demand is greater surely?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

I agree :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

With respect, that's bollocks. What was the difference between our average gate and our Cardiff play-off final support? About 23,000? 400 per cent more than our crowd. So you'd limit the Wembley allocation for lower league clubs to their average gate - that would make Stockport v Rochdale a good spectacle.

For the less well supported clubs, it's part of it even if you hate it. You fill up your Wembley allocation for a great day out with hangers-on. It's the law.

And incidentally, I'm fairly sure something similar did happen with Bristol City. I'm sure they got about 10,000 more than us once we couldn't do any more, and fair enough. If you can sell them and the other lot can't, you should get them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Too right. The stadium holds X amount of fans. If the Albion had been allocated, say, 30,000 but sold only 28,000 I'd have no problem if Leeds got the other 2,000 to sell on.

They've got more fans, they're the bigger club, they have a bigger demand. There's no point getting po-faced about it. My bigger beef would be with the lazy Albion fans who - commitments permitting - make a choice to watch it on the box rather than go to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here