Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds / Palace Carnage

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just my opinion, but.....

Unless something is done to segregate the two sets of fans tomorrow and Tuesday night I feel we could be in for some real trouble.

Tempers flaring last night at the park and ride pick up points due to long waits and a similar situation likely with the wait at Falmer station.

With the majority of Palace fans likely to be using the train option I really hope the club have thought this through.

We have been lucky so far with the opponents that we have faced at the Amex and the general good nature of the associated supporters, tomorrow and Tuesday see's a new challenge and I for one really hope something is in place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why are Leeds such a problem? We played them enough times at Withdean, was there any disorder in / around the ground ?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Come on, the op has a point. Anyone who thinks there will be no trouble at all with Palace and Leeds to a lesser extent is living in dream land. Surely there is some kind of plan?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Come on, the op has a point. Anyone who thinks there will be no trouble at all with Palace and Leeds to a lesser extent is living in dream land. Surely there is some kind of plan?

I didn't say there'd be no trouble, but carnage is sensationalist hyperbole.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally do not really see any trouble with Leeds, with the exception of in Brighton maybe, well after the game has finished for people who like that sort of thing. Palace on the other hand........ we shall see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see it with Leeds, at all.
Home and away Leeds has always, when I've been, civilised.
(well as civilised as you can get when you're in inbred, arrogant, northern monkey, with a massive chip on each shoulder, and delusion of being a 'big' club. :lol:)

Palace, that's different.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
In hindsight 'carnage' may be a little strong, but there will without doubt be trouble unless measures are put in place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whenever I have been to Leeds there has never been any problem, even in the pubs before and after it has been civil, although we have traditionally done the decent thing and failed to take three points off them....................apart from when At LEEDS, at LEEDS, Graham Graham Pearce, When he gets the ball he always scores, Graham Graham Pearce and our GP lobbed Mervyn Day in the 93rd minute for a 3-2 victory in 1985.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
only palace fans with tickets will be season ticket holders,that will probably hide their scarfs,probably kick off in town with freelancers,from midday onwards,don't think many leeds "boys" will be down on a friday night

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whenever I have been to Leeds there has never been any problem, even in the pubs before and after it has been civil, although we have traditionally done the decent thin g and failed to take three points off them....................apart from when At LEEDS, at LEEDS, Graham Graham Pearce, When he gets the ball he always scores, Graham Graham Pearce and our GP lobbed Mervyn Day in the 93rd minute for a 3-2 victory in 1985.

My fave albion song and rarely sung over last few years... :(

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Why are Leeds such a problem? We played them enough times at Withdean, was there any disorder in / around the ground ?

Not at Withdean but a fair bit of agro in town after the matches.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Carnage FFS !!!!
Please behave and stop posting such juvenile crap, there will be no trouble.
The majority of away fans attending these games will be ST holders and will not want any hassle, plus there will ample OB around and the CCTV heavily monitored.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can imagine a certain amount of "posturing" but thats about it.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Carnage FFS !!!!
The majority of away fans attending these games will be ST holders and will not want any hassle, plus there will ample OB around and the CCTV heavily monitored.

Presume you wernt at Withdean when Leeds last visited ?

There was quite a bit of trouble in town, and this was with significantly less Leeds fans, all of which were ST holders.

Only a arrogant juvenile would think both Leeds and Palace games will go trouble free without some sort of extra measures in place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Carnage FFS !!!!
Whilst I tend to agree with you, there will be an element on both sides who aren't as level headed. I'm sure the police/stewards will have a cunning plan though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Presume you wernt at Withdean when Leeds last visited ?

There was quite a bit of trouble in town, and this was with significantly less Leeds fans, all of which were ST holders.

Only a arrogant juvenile would think both Leeds and Palace games will go trouble free without some sort of extra measures in place.

Arrogant juvenile?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here