Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds goal.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Is it me, or did the ball deflect off a defender before El-Abd sliced it.

Very, VERY, lucky goal to get.

On another thread I said the cross was a mishit, but looking at that it certainly looks like it's come off Richard's head before reaching El-Abd. No blame attached from me. Just a freak goal. Oh, and as for those saying Kuipers should have done better, I think it's a miracle he reacted to get anywhere near it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
how many goals is kuipers going to cost us by parrying the ball out to attackers :rolleyes:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And exactly why was the rest of the alledged "defence" watching in admiration as the ball was poked into the goal. Other than Kuipers reaction save it was terrible defending all round. I had subbuteo players with better defensive awareness and reaction times than that mob.

PS. and yes, the cross was deflected before it got to El-Abd, so all those blaming only him need to eat (most) of their words.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was a normal reaction save that would come as second nature to a goalkeeper to stick out a hand and hope that it hits it which it did but instead of moving away it just dropped.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the work of a Third Division goalkeeper having a bad moment I'm afraid... would have been virtually impossible not to get a hand to a ball looping past him at shoulder height - needed to instinctively bat it up and away rather than down into the six yard box...

defender's fault though

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yes, he MEANT to do that, and he thought LONG and HARD about where he could tip the ball, as it sprang out at him.

He had HOURS to make calculations, and is to blame.

:lolol:

(you clown)

(FACT)

Err, goalkeepers even average League ones like Kuipers SHOULD be able to make reflex saves like that - if they cant make a decision about where to push the ball when making a save then what the hell are they doing in goal.

(you clown)
(FACT!)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Kuipers maded a wonder save 1st half so cant be too hard on him. My initial thoughts were good reaction save. Think El Abd swinging his standing foot at it is where the blame lies

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that Dean Wilkins would have expected Kuipers to make that save asa natural reaction. It is then left to the gods as to where the ball lands and in this case at Kandol's foot.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
good stuff, looking at that showed how well we played. Notice El Abd nearly gifted them one in the 1st half and was out jumped by beckford before the goal so no suprise when Leeds did score he was involved really. Is Lynch back next week ?
I think he's back in training Monday, a week probably isn't going to be enough form him to play the next game. Butters is back though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here