Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leeds game sold out

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Even though every game sells out, it's a shame that there isn't a full attendance at every game. Shame to think of those unusued tickets sitting in a plastic wallet somewhere.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
so an additional income of around a million pounds plus when you take into account the spend on catering and merchandise etc.

95 more of them and the stadium is paid off, well you know what I mean!

Even though every game sells out, it's a shame that there isn't a full attendance at every game. Shame to think of those unusued tickets sitting in a plastic wallet somewhere.

Gutted to be missing the Liverpool and Leeds games due to holiday, but my seat has been filled for both.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Does anyone know how many you need to get through your gates to break even? I know ours is currently circa 16,000 through the turnstiles which means we are making a nice profit each week, but we do make a lot of money away from matchdays.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and of course , looking at the league table doesn't help one bit

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does anyone know how many you need to get through your gates to break even? I know ours is currently circa 16,000 through the turnstiles which means we are making a nice profit each week, but we do make a lot of money away from matchdays.

No idea. The original suggestion was 12,000, but that was before the price and funding method of the stadium altered.

I suppose we will have a better idea once accounts are released. However, there are going to be expensive start up costs and I don't expect us to spend £4m+ on players every season.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
We also have someone in charge who knows what he's doing with money.

Yes, this is taking into account the money spent on transfers, re-developing the training ground and maintanence/redesign to the interior of the stadium concourse. A lot of money spent. This years accounts will be a loss I suspect, but not as bad as £7million, next year we will make profit.

These figures/accounts relate only to Southampton Football Club which, like BHA, is a subsidary of a holding company - in SFC's case DMWSL 613.
Saints' training ground is also a subsidary company of DMWSL 613 so the costs associated with its expansion etc do not show in these SFC accounts. OK, losses on player transfers etc were up by about £1M but so was turnover by £5.4M; interestingly the annual losses only reduced from £9M to £7.7M. Operational costs up by £3M+ but I guess that'll include the concourse refurb.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
These figures/accounts relate only to Southampton Football Club which, like BHA, is a subsidary of a holding company - in SFC's case DMWSL 613.
Saints' training ground is also a subsidary company of DMWSL 613 so the costs associated with its expansion etc do not show in these SFC accounts. OK, losses on player transfers etc were up by about £1M but so was turnover by £5.4M; interestingly the annual losses only reduced from £9M to £7.7M. Operational costs up by £3M+ but I guess that'll include the concourse refurb.

Pretty sure Staplewood is not a seperate subsidary, like jackson's farm, I believe it's an asset of the football club. (If you don't know, Jackson's farm is an area of land north east of the city worth about £15-20million). The thing with these figures, is that they are not wholly reflective of the current administration as the time period the figure were taken from include the period before the Mr. Liebherr bought the club where we were heamoraging in excess of £1million/month. So in reality, these figures arn't that bad. Just wait until the next figures come out and i'm sure it will show a completely different picture.

Anyway, this is massively off topic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here