Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds everybody's 2nd club?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Really think NSC needs a Leeds United sub-forum now. Bizarre fixation on here

I really didn’t care about Leeds at all before the Ben White saga. I was even happy for them for getting promoted! But after all the crap they’ve spouted at us over Ben White, and how amazing and special their last season was (it wasn’t), and how much of a big club they are (they’re not any more), and suddenly I’m not so sympathetic to them any more.

I hope they get relegated.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not quite sure where all the anti Leeds paraphernalia stems from , other than they wanted to keep White ( and so would we have done if it were the other way round) , but I thought they were magnificent yesterday and really gave it a go , yes they got beat but if you sit back and just try to frustrate Liverpool , they will find a way to score so I enjoyed watching the game .

I doubt Leeds or any other club for that matter will be able to keep up that intensity all season but if you didn't enjoy watching that game then it's time to take up snooker .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying a game of football on tv, it was a good match.
The point here is that Sky and now Talk Sport are suggesting fans of other clubs are suddenly also fans of Leeds:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not quite sure where all the anti Leeds paraphernalia stems from , other than they wanted to keep White ( and so would we have done if it were the other way round) , but I thought they were magnificent yesterday and really gave it a go , yes they got beat but if you sit back and just try to frustrate Liverpool , they will find a way to score so I enjoyed watching the game .

I doubt Leeds or any other club for that matter will be able to keep up that intensity all season but if you didn't enjoy watching that game then it's time to take up snooker .

In fairness, I thought Leeds put in a tremendous performance against Liverpool. If we play half as well as they did against Chelsea, I'll be very happy

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Maybe Sky have a point. :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In fairness, I thought Leeds put in a tremendous performance against Liverpool. If we play half as well as they did against Chelsea, I'll be very happy

It was a good performance in terms of going forward. Much less so defensively. Liverpool were off the pace. They lacked sharpness and would have dropped points against better, tighter teams. Ultimately, Leeds weren't good enough to take advantage. Leeds will score goals this season but they will also concede plenty. It looks like they could be a slightly better version of Norwich. Great going forward, ragged at the back.
The media love-in is more about Bielsa than anything. They love the fact that other managers ( Klopp/Pep etc ) respect and listen to him. There is a certain mystique about him. He is quirky and different. I've got them finishing 16th and I think that will be about right.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
they are just catering for thise who dont know what supporting a club means , its for the plastics and armchair "fans"

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to sky they are going to be everyone's second team, I feel they might not have their finger on the pulse 🤔

Wasn't there a recent fan survey which found they were the most hated team in the league?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sky Sports and Sky Sports News are both run by a Leeds fan.

There may be bias.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Some people have long memories and the Dirty Leeds team of the Revie era lives long in the mind.

Add to that their ridiculous idea, which they really do seem to believe, that they somehow won the European Cup, without actually winning it, as they were cheated - pot kettle black!

The final nail in the coffin, certainly from Brighton fans, was the Ben White fiasco. Leeds may have a fantastic away following, but some of their fans showed themselves as complete plums during that episode...

Granted they gave it a good go yesterday, but what else would you expect with The Messiah in charge?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't know a single fan, other than their own, who wants Leeds to do well. Some in the football media get it but a lot are completely oblivious to this.

It seems to be one of the few things in football that all fans come together on. Speaking to friends and family over the past few weeks who are Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Man Utd, Liverpool and QPR fans - to a man they all want Leeds to go down this season!

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
I don't know any football supporter who isn't a Leeds fan that speaks of that club with any affection or respect whatsoever.

People remember Revie's Leeds as dirty, cynical, cheats.

Their last visit to the Amex reminded me that a good number of their fan base have fallen unaltered through a crack in the space/time continuum since 1970.

Horrible club and their 'wilderness years' were the result of their own hubris.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
The reason I am starting to want Leeds to flop is not to do with the Ben White situation or the entitled fan base, it's the media bias towards them. It's the top 6 and then Courageous little Leeds the rest of us are apparently non important.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The reason I am starting to want Leeds to flop is not to do with the Ben White situation or the entitled fan base, it's the media bias towards them. It's the top 6 and then Courageous little Leeds the rest of us are apparently non important.

I don't think you've been paying attention.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not quite sure where all the anti Leeds paraphernalia stems from , other than they wanted to keep White.

How about they are more ****ing ignorant/arrogant than Sheffield Weds about being a ‘big’ club. They had a few years when they won a fair bit by playing shit, nasty football but that is about it. They have spent sixteen years out of the top flight but still think we should all be rolling out the red carpet for them. Their fans still actively enjoy their hooligan reputation, and try their very best to play up to it. They are a 70s throwback that think we all owe them respect. The club is a basket case of a business but strangely the inbred customers still turn up. Oh, and they are from Yorkshire of course, should throw the keys away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here