Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds being asset stripped?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Saw Leeds had sold another promising young player today and had a bit of a sniff round the web and asked a few people I know up that way and found this out.

Their current Chairman is a director of the company that bought Elland Road AND of the company that bought the Thorp Arch Training Ground when they were forced to sell them both.

He may well be a well meaning bloke but just wondered what anyone else had heard, in particular what the Leeds fans on the board think to him.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That's interesting, and not a little worrying. Sounds very, very similar to the situation at Wrexham, albeit on a potentially much bigger scale.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is what I know, Living in Leeds (Starry will more than likely correct me here but...)

Krasner (chairman) has sold grounf and Thorpe Arch to someone in another company (he has Part involvement with)

The Ground has been leased BACK to Leeds United.

All behind the scenes staff (office workers, security etc) been pushed out.

Key players, what they have left of em are being sold.

On YTV (regional tv) he is saying a consoritium is in talks, but never seems to be finalised! :nono:

A lot of shady goings on at Leeds at the moment, as a Leeds fan (IF I was a Leeds Fan) I would be very concerned!!

ps. Re-payments on loans or re-mortgages etc not being kept up either and they have nothing left to sell? ?

Again this is as far as I know to be the case.

*Awaits Starry to log on for full facts on this!*

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
They are both back from Injury and more than likely will play against us!

Not sure how on form they are or if it's good or bad they are back (from our point of view!)

Think they also have an int.Icelandic star that is legible to play for them too for our game!

:nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
When we play them next, will it be ok to sing "not a big club anymore"? Just wondered like. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
"Just a small town in Bradford!"

That'll wind em up!!!

:clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
kinkygerbil said:
Bakke and johnson will be gone soon

Only if their contracts are nearly up. I can't see them walking out on the salaries they are on, and NO-ONE is going to match it.

Anyway, isn't Bakke out with a serious knee injury?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All grim sounding stuff, but I'm sure they can take heart that if they ever have to apply for planning permission to build a new stadium, they won't have 1/10th of the hoops that a Sussex club has had go through :rolleyes:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Only if their contracts are nearly up. I can't see them walking out on the salaries they are on, and NO-ONE is going to match it.

Quote : They are both back from Injury and more than likely will play against us!

Not sure how on form they are or if it's good or bad they are back (from our point of view!)

Think they also have an int.Icelandic star that is legible to play for them too for our game!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Gritt23 said:

He was, he and Seth have been playing behing closed doors/reserves. Should expect one if not both of them in the team for the Brighton game.

The Icelandic is Einarrson (spelt wrong I think but something like that) looks to be a decent player, he's come on as sub once but not really match fit yet.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The current chairman - Krasner is NOT director or anything to do with the company who have purchased Elland Road and Thorp Arch. However, another member of the board is. The company that purchased ER and TA goes under several names (but all come back to our friend Jacob Adler, who is the best friend of another board member). One such name is Barnaway (Thorp Arch Barn is our traingin ground) the other uses said board members initials.

I am not convinced Krasner knew/knows everything that his board have done, or how deep they are involved with the other companies. I think he knows alright, just not to what extent. £4m went missing from leeds and is listed missing on accts currently, TA cost £4m to buy, it was a friends deal, sold on the cheap, WAY below market value. I genuinly believe Krasner sent out and meant well with Leeds. I just think the likes of Simon Morris and Levy and Melvyn Helme have proved to much behind him.

>>All behind the scenes staff (office workers, security etc) been pushed out.<<

Not all. My aunt works at the training ground and she defo still has a job. Has had her wages deffered twice in recent months though.

>>A lot of shady goings on at Leeds at the moment, as a Leeds fan (IF I was a Leeds Fan) I would be very concerned!!<<

We are. Believe me. But we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As a whole we'd love nothing more than to protest/campaign/do whatever and get the current board out. But as it stands now there is no viable alternative. The board have made veiled threats that the alternative if we protest and scupper deals is to wind the club up.

I really wish we had gone into admin last March before the current set of incumbents got their hands on the club.

As our song goes, "and we've had our ups and downs" well this is the lowest as a Leeds fan I have ever been I think.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Not really, I have far more pressing things like forming AFC Leeds to worry about than Bradford chants.

but please chant them if it makes you happy, rather those than any turkish one.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
No but my football club is dying on it's knees. It's people in Barnsley with whippets and flat caps, keep up!

I live in Hampshire, so I've neither..

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Starry said:
No but my football club us dying on it's knees. It's people in Barnsley with whippets and flat caps, keep up!

I live in Hampshire, so I've neither..

It's worse than I thought

O'ill tark noice arnd sloooooowly for you then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here