Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds appeal dismissed !

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'd also suggest that statements like this do nothing except motivate the opposition even more:

"Our promotion campaign starts on Saturday"

You can bet that that little nugget has been pinned up in the Prenton Park dressing room already. Remember when we went to Southend in 2000 and starting singing "bring on the champions"? Mickey Adams says he cringed when he heard that because he knew the Southend manager would be winding up his team to turn us over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey Shelts, where the hell have you been ? Not seen you post on here in yonks fella.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
From the Official Leeds site. You have to laugh at the cheek

Leeds United are amazed by the perverse outcome of Thursday's meeting of Football League Clubs, which defied all logic, and we believe had arisen as a result of a serious misrepresentation of fact by the board of the Football League in their presentation.

The only winner is HMRC and we believe the full ramifications of Thursday's decision will adversely affect football going forward for many years.

"Football Family" seems to be driven by self interest.

The Club is considering its options but in the meantime will be concentrating on starting its promotion campaign at Tranmere on Saturday.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
you missed the title diffbrook.

Leeds United 0 Taxman 1 (og Football League)

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well workplace starting cracking down on web usage so I thought i'd go easy on posting. Then the team went completely bobbins so I checked out for a while because this place turns into a complete turdpile when things go wrong on the pitch. Then all the Falmer stuff was coming to a head so I starting reading the board again and after I read that "Ban Questions" thread in NSC gold I knew I had to get more involved again.

Back on to Leeds, I'd also note that "big" clubs don't always do as well in this division as they think. Forest have had a strong team for the last 2 seasons and they're still here. Wednesday finished 16th (I think) in 2003/2004 and with -15 points they would have been relegated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From the Official Leeds site. You have to laugh at the cheek

Leeds United are amazed by the perverse outcome of Thursday\'s meeting of Football League Clubs, which defied all logic, and we believe had arisen as a result of a serious misrepresentation of fact by the board of the Football League in their presentation.

The only winner is HMRC and we believe the full ramifications of Thursday\'s decision will adversely affect football going forward for many years.

\"Football Family\" seems to be driven by self interest.

The Club is considering its options but in the meantime will be concentrating on starting its promotion campaign at Tranmere on Saturday.

UNBELIEVABLE
How the f*** are HMRC the only winners when they arer still £7.7m out of pocket ?
And that last remark about the promotion campaign could go down as one of the all time \"please stay off the pitch as the team will be doing a lap of honour\" type-quotes of all time.

And they wonder why everyone despises them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well workplace starting cracking down on web usage so I thought i\'d go easy on posting. Then the team went completely bobbins so I checked out for a while because this place turns into a complete turdpile when things go wrong on the pitch. Then all the Falmer stuff was coming to a head so I starting reading the board again and after I read that \"Ban Questions\" thread in NSC gold I knew I had to get more involved again.

Splendid, welcome back. Good to have a quality poster back on board.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:laugh:Every team in the country should shut up shop stick 11 men behind the ball and go for a 0-0. That\'ll do it.
Bollocks to that.
With all due respect, we should really be beating teams like Leeds.

From a leeds forum

"Doesn't the money for away fan tickets go to the away club anyway? So if we didn't turn up, we'd only be hurting Leeds? We should just boycott their shithole bars and crappy little club shops. Anyway. f*** THEM ALL. We need to get out there and piss on this crappy little league. We can take a 15 point hit, suck it up and still escape. Let's see how Gillingham et al cope when they go into admin and HMRC fucks their CVA... We can all have a little chuckle when they disappear into the conference."

That's one of the reasons why I despise all the fans of the 'big' clubs who actually know f*** all about the sport they claim to follow.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Paddy, do you think with hindsight now, it might have been better for Leeds to have been placed in league 2 without any deduction of points...?
At least you could have gone for promotion, which would have continued bringing the crowds in and given you a much more interesting season than what will probably be at best, a mid-table finish in league 1. Or maybe even a season fighting relegation to league 2.
You have undoubtedly got some good players signing on for you, but I think collectively , they are no more than a "goodish" championship side. Given how teams raise their game in the FA Cup against higher opposition, I think it,s unlikely Leeds will win promotion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Remember when we went to Southend in 2000 and starting singing \"bring on the champions\"? Mickey Adams says he cringed when he heard that because he knew the Southend manager would be winding up his team to turn us over.
But we were RIGHT though...

:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From a leeds forum

"Doesn't the money for away fan tickets go to the away club anyway? So if we didn't turn up, we'd only be hurting Leeds? We should just boycott their shithole bars and crappy little club shops. Anyway. f*** THEM ALL. We need to get out there and piss on this crappy little league. We can take a 15 point hit, suck it up and still escape. Let's see how Gillingham et al cope when they go into admin and HMRC fucks their CVA... We can all have a little chuckle when they disappear into the conference."

That's one of the reasons why I despise all the fans of the 'big' clubs who actually know f*** all about the sport they claim to follow.

:lolol: So he was not happy with the result. It could have been a whole lot worse and they are probably going to get away with paying only half of the money they owe! Obviously a man that is of limited intelligence and believes everything Ken Bates has told him. I love the way some of them act as though they are the first club to face the prospect of being wound up and they will have to 'rough it' in League One.

Was that on waccoe, RS?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thing is if Leeds dont make promotion this season they will blame the points deduction. I would love it, if they stayed in this "crappy little" league for 3 seasons.

I think with the gap getting even bigger between the Prem league and the rest, I think Leeds are F*ck*d if they think they will return their anytime soon. Sheff Utd are the biggest team in Yorkshire, as I continually remind the Leeds fans around here.

Perhaps their problems are only just beginning........

Guiseley add to Leeds' woes
By Ian Whiting

Guiseley 2 Leeds United 0

The kick-off to tonight's friendly had to be delayed as Leeds United supporters turned out in numbers to see their side following Friday's announcement by the Football League that they will be allowed to begin the season in Coca-Cola League One.

The problems the Elland Road outfit have encountered during the close season have been well documented but their fans were keen to get behind the players at Nethermoor tonight.

It was a pity for the home side that the result of the game was very much secondary as they earned a creditable win.

A goal in each half was enough to see Guiseley to victory, even if it did not send most of the bumper crowd home happy.

Guiseley skipper Richard Dunning netted the first just five minutes before the break when he fired a 20-yard free-kick into the top corner.

advertisement
Just after the hour, substitute Robert Pell headed home the second following a set-piece.

"We had to put the kick-off time back to get everyone in, even though they started coming through the turnstiles at 6pm," said Guiseley director Stuart Allen.

Guiseley's Dominic Kreif blocks Simon Madden's clearance
"It was very good natured despite that and there wasn't a hint of trouble from the Leeds fans.

"They were patient at first and very well behaved afterwards."

Eccleshill United travel to local West Riding County Amateur League outfit Brighouse Town tomorrow (kick-off 7pm) for their last pre-season friendly.

"It will be a full first-team squad that we take because it will be manger Mick Watson's final chance to look at the players," said Eagles secretary Paul Jarvis.

"Mick has been on holiday for the last two weeks so is very keen to see the fitness levels and settle on the starting line-up for the weekend.

"We are due to play Mickleover Sports at home on the opening day of the NCE League Premier Division but it could be switched to Sunday."

10:00pm Monday 6th August 2007

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Leeds are going to find this league a lot harder than they may think... Get a poor return from the first few matches and that 65 points to avoid relegation will seem a long way off...

Wise first for the sack race?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here