Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds announce Listed and Released players

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Transfer listed can mean:

"Up for sale because the manager does not consider you worth keeping".

It can equally mean:

"Reluctantly put on the transfer list, as the player has only one year left on his contract and is refusing to sign an extension, and we don't want him to leave for nothing"

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Transfer listed can mean:

"Up for sale because the manager does not consider you worth keeping".

It can equally mean:

"Reluctantly put on the transfer list, as the player has only one year left on his contract and is refusing to sign an extension,
we don't want him to leave for nothing"

According to my Leeds 'source' Clayton stated that he did not want to leave..,

Sep 1, 2010
Maik Taylor would be a cracking signing IMO, on a free and far better than what we have now, well certainly a good squad keeper anyway

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Would like to sign Adam Clayton (then we only need to secure Bono, The edge and Larry Mullen Jr)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Are any of those better than what we have currently?

Im not sure, so none for me.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Do we really need to look at other peoples rejects? If we are looking at a feeder club like Leeds we should consider Becchio .

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Are any of those better than what we have currently?

Im not sure, so none for me.

Great, now I suppose we can't get anyone in from any club below the premiership? I suppose there's always serie a or la liga.
And to think, they say Brighton fans are deluded.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didnt stop us with Casper.

sort of proves the point on both counts, he filled a specific purpose at the time, and he wasnt considered good enough for the Championship then either. its nothing aimed at Leeds per se, if we want to progress we dont the cast offs of a team below us.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Adam Clayton would be a great signing, he'd be a replacement for Gary Dicker and can also operate from a wide role. Definitely one to eye up.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Do we really need to look at other peoples rejects? If we are looking at a feeder club like Leeds we should consider Becchio .

Are you serious? Two of the most ridiculous sentences I have read on NSC and that's saying something.

1. By that logic Bridcutt was a Chelsea reject, Navarro was an MK Dons reject, Vicente was a Valencia reject- I could go on all day. They didn't turn out too badly did they?
2. Leeds are a far bigger club than us and they always will be.

You should go for a job at the Sun mate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Clayton would be classed as a player who brings increased potential to a side seeking a top 6 finish next season , it could also see one at least of the following leaving - Navarro , Dicker or Sparrow.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Are you serious? Two of the most ridiculous sentences I have read on NSC and that's saying something.

1. By that logic Bridcutt was a Chelsea reject, Navarro was an MK Dons reject, Vicente was a Valencia reject- I could go on all day. They didn't turn out too badly did they?
2. Leeds are a far bigger club than us and they always will be.

You should go for a job at the Sun mate.

Agreed. Other peoples rejects includes a long list of players who went onto have great careers.

Famously, a struggling ManU rejected Platt, Beardsley.
Latterly, Pique, Rossi ... were surplus to requirements.

They just don't feature in Warnock's Leeds plans, and/or Bates is cutting costs again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here