Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and Sunderland looking forward to playing us

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just been browsing through a few Leeds and Sunderland sites, they're looking forward to the Brighton away games.

Leeds sites:
http://www.leedschat.com/chat/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=016563

http://www.hampshirewhites.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562

http://www.motforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Sunderland sites:
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/viewtopic.php?t=92263

newlogoani.gif
safc.GIF

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"The lease runs out on it at the end of this season and they are not getting it renewed. And it only holds 7000, and its a dump."
WRONG!!!!

"It's an athletics ground.

Prescott, get off your fat arse and do something about it now, or the whole of Brighton and most footy fans will be quite happy to see you choke on yer oysters. Or kippers.

It's a shame it takes a play-off final to draw attention to their cause. It's a shame many other clubs won't get that chance, and I seriously believe at least one club will go to the wall this summer. Hopefully Franchise FC, so no proper fans or a proper club have to suffer."
SPOT ON!!!!

G_master

Feb 8, 2004
Brighton
its good to hear other supporters supporting the falmer cause and that most of em look forward to coming down to brighton! :clap2:

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
On the Leeds Chat site, one fan describes the prospect of a trip to Brighton as a 'glimmer of joy in an otherwise miserable end of season'....Brighton away is going to be a favourite of fans all over the country as soon as we get Falmer. A weekend in town, highlighted by a trip to the beautiful community stadium.:falmer:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
quality views in that lot! all these away fans looking forward to coming down here! i really hope we get falmer, with brighton being such a top city to visit, we could fill that ground easy!

come on mr prescot! surely a decision soon?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sunderland fans seemed very supportive of our need for a ground.

The Leeds fans think they'll ONLY get 1,000. I'm afraid it'll be less than that lads.

I guess a lot will come down without tickets!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I can just imagine the Leeds players getting off the team coach looking about and thinking 'What the f***??!'

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Bobby's Gull said:
I can just imagine the Leeds players getting off the team coach looking about and thinking 'What the f***??!'

This is assuming they have any left by then that did not get promoted from the pub league.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe the club should look at hiring the Brighton Centre or the whole UGC cinema for these bigger games.

Can't really imagine every cinema screen being packed at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and there's loads of free parking.

Charge a decent amount (£15?) to see the game, the cinema would get all the money from the refreshments at half time say and during the game there could be an Albion stall selling merchandise which the club would get full profits from.

That's almost 3,000 fans who afterwards might just pop into the bowling alley or Pizza Hut or might go into one of the bars nearby. It could work. Don't Newcastle do something like this for their games?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It seems that a lot of the fans are looking forward to us because they see us as easy wins. We'll see: I think that McGhee has got us so well organised that we'll be no pushovers for anyone - although I can't see us setting the division on fire.

It will be embarrassing next season though when so many well-supported teams will not be able to bring a full complement of fans to the ground.

Oh, and Simster, the council vote was 11-1 in our favour, not 9-1.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bobby's Gull said:

That day I will willingly forgo my pre match drink to stand in the car park when their coach arrives.

I want to see their faces.

(I worked just round the corner from Elland Rd for many years)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
a lot of the leeds Fans are looking forward to it as they will make a weekend of it, in me missus pub they want me to sort a coach out.

I have told em the chance of getting to the game may be very slim, may have to find a VERY neutral pub donw there for them!!

I for one can't wait to see the faces of Leeds Utd as they run out at the Withdeane fortress!!

:clap2:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
they wont know what hit em, from anfield,old trafford, to withdean! Absolute quality!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
they wont know what hit em, from anfield,old trafford, to withdean! Absolute quality!

We could get a 2 goal lead in some games before the opposition realise that they are actually at our ground and the whistle they heard was the ref's :D

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I remember waiting outside the ground when Hartlepool's team coach turned up - even their players looked surprised! Goodness only knows what players like Radebe, Matteo, Bakke and Pennant will think.

(Milner played at Withdean with Swindon).

Simster has already been on the Sunderland site, I have also just signed up. We know these people are football mad, so we should carry on lobbying. How many fans do you think we will take to these places?

I can see big turn outs to Leeds and Sunderland.

LC:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here