Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and Millwall

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
While I have faith in the lads getting a result at the weekend I've been considering the motivation levels for our rivals opponents this weekend:

Leeds are certain to finish 4th or 5th and therefore will play either MK Dons or Millwall. Nothing to play for but let's hope they want to put in a show in front of the home fans and enter the play offs on form. On the positive side even a Leeds team consisting of fringe or reserve players should be a tough game for Northampton, especially with Wembley places potentially up for grabs.

Millwall will need a win to be certain of avoiding Leeds and are effectively aiming for 3rd place ahead of MD Dins. The team finishing 3rd will play the 6the placed team, either Scunthorpe or Tranmere. A much less daunting tie. MK Dons game is away to Hereford who have turned in some improved displays recently so Millwall should be going to WIN.

Can't see either team rolling over, my prediction is a point will do but we must play for the win.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nothing to play for? Home advantage in the second leg of the play-offs, is that not worth playing for? Neither Millwall nor MK Dons will want Leeds in the play-offs either, so they'll both be playing for 3rd place.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Talking to a couple of Millwall fans in the office, they agree with you in that they will certainly be going for the win to get 3rd place. They want to avoid Leeds in the play-off semi's.

Didn't realise that Scunthorpe are playing Tranmere !

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Nothing to play for? Home advantage in the second leg of the play-offs, is that not worth playing for? Neither Millwall nor MK Dons will want Leeds in the play-offs either, so they'll both be playing for 3rd place.

Hadn't considered that, not sure how important that will be to them - they are LEEDS after all.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
While I have faith in the lads getting a result at the weekend I've been considering the motivation levels for our rivals opponents this weekend:

Leeds are certain to finish 4th or 5th and therefore will play either MK Dons or Millwall. Nothing to play for but let's hope they want to put in a show in front of the home fans and enter the play offs on form. On the positive side even a Leeds team consisting of fringe or reserve players should be a tough game for Northampton, especially with Wembley places potentially up for grabs.

Millwall will need a win to be certain of avoiding Leeds and are effectively aiming for 3rd place ahead of MD Dins. The team finishing 3rd will play the 6the placed team, either Scunthorpe or Tranmere. A much less daunting tie. MK Dons game is away to Hereford who have turned in some improved displays recently so Millwall should be going to WIN.

Can't see either team rolling over, my prediction is a point will do but we must play for the win.

Both sides will be going for the win, they will want to go into the Play Offs with momentum and not a defeat under their belt for one reason, secondly there is a chance that whom plays who in the Play-offs can change on the day.

On the flip side, how Carlise/Northampton/Crewe etc. might look at it is.... What do Stockport have to play for?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Leeds v Millwall play off Final? I bet the Met are praying that won't happen.

they have already shit a brick over us possibly meeting in the semi finals. 1000 tickets only. best scenario for the met is one (or both) of us not getting past the semi.

i wouldn't think we'll make too many changes to our team for saturday, they have just equalled revie's home win record and one more win breaks it.

i hope you guys stay up :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
they have already shit a brick over us possibly meeting in the semi finals. 1000 tickets only. best scenario for the met is one (or both) of us not getting past the semi.

i wouldn't think we'll make too many changes to our team for saturday, they have just equalled revie's home win record and one more win breaks it.

Thankyou Starry.

Leeds V Millwall final would be very interesting :catfight:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

None of that is true.

W Yorkshire police wanted no Millwall fans to travel. They negotiated 1000 all season ticket holders and guests in the end. The Met have not said anything about not wanting Leeds coming down or wanting restrictions on their numbers.

The Met, however, have placed no restrictions on Leeds numbers. Leeds will only be getting 1000 tickets to supporters club members though, as that is all Millwall got.

Its W Yorkshire police who have imploded with panic. The met just look forward to bashing people up.

This is how it stands at the moment however. It is not written in stone that these restrictions wont be lifted nearer the games.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
None of that is true.

W Yorkshire police wanted no Millwall fans to travel. They negotiated 1000 all season ticket holders and guests in the end.

The Met, however, have placed no restrictions on Leeds numbers. Leeds will only be selling tickets to supporters club members though.

Its W Yorkshire police who have imploded with panic. The met just look forward to bashing people up.

This is how it stands at the moment however. It is not written in stone that these restrictions wont be lifted nearer the games.

unfortunately your information is a good way out of date, ken bates has never and will never sell tickets to the supporters club, they are sworn worst enemies. all of leeds' away games tickets are only sold to lumc members, if you do not have a member number you cannot get an official ticket, that goes for all away games, we never get the privilege of buying on the gate or paying at the turnstyle. both police forces, football clubs and the fl came to the agreement after the initial concerns were raised by the met after the scrapping around the market porter last year and then when they raised that wyp said about right said fred smashing up the buses, tit for tat. 1000 is a shit allocation for anyone, especially us when we could sell it out ten times over. no idea how many millwall would bring if they had free reign since the dumb travel restrictions.

the met are already griping after so many leeds went in the donny end at the play off final last year, it was harmless in the end but they are miffed and worried we'll do it again.

the appeals from the fsf and supporters trusts will come to nothing (though i would like to be wrong)

it will end in tears anyhow - from both sides probably which is a shame but hey ho. especially when there are many, many leeds fans (and prob millwall too) like me who are on the databases of the home teams and have purhcased home tickets in the past who will just buy them there and when the likes of the turkey shirts and such are hauled out it will end is tears, but hey the police thrive on it. let the fighters fight and let anyone else watch a naff game played by overpaid freaks.

wpy nor the met will want the ticketless fans outside, they will let them in (again) to save on the bother outside the ground so it will all end up being a pointless excersise in paperwork.
:drink:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Surely though if Leeds played Scunny in the final at Wembley, Leeds should have 50,000 there as Scunthorpe will take a maximum of 12,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here