Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds - Admin and all that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've got to say from a purely selfish point of view I really hope that Leeds go into Adimistration because I think it will send them down alongside Gillingham and Rotherham BUT I do feel a little guilty for thinking like this.

However much it's their own fault that they are in such a bad position (plus the fact that I've never been thir biggest fan) I don't wish any club be in the position they are.

What's everyone else thinking?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I feel sorry for the fans, they are (the ones I know) starting to getting concerned about the current board (The board I have been warning them about after sell of ground and lease back).

I think the realisation is setting in they are fooked!!

It all stinks in my opinion as we see yet again the same scenario!

I agree, from a pure selfish point, I want it to happen as -10 points will mean one of bottom three places gone.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I feel sorry for the fans, their various boards have been guilty of such incrredible financial idiocy its unbelievable. The club (ie. organisstion) deserve everything they get, however the fans do not.

Uncle Buck said:
I think the piss take might be, that Leeds wait until they are sure they cannot get relegated, then go into administation and lose the 10 points, which will make no difference to them. If they do go down this road, the deduction should not be enforced this season, but held over until next season.

On current form who is to say they will be guaranteed safety at any stage between now and May.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It may have been the board's fault overspending on the misconception that they would win the Champions League but the board did it for a footballing reason.

I bet the fans were more than happy when they were buying expensive players and challenging for the League.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
From a purely selfish point of view I hope they go into administration.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I've got to say from a purely selfish point of view I really hope that Leeds go into Adimistration because I think it will send them down alongside Gillingham and Rotherham BUT I do feel a little guilty for thinking like this.

However much it's their own fault that they are in such a bad position (plus the fact that I've never been thir biggest fan) I don't wish any club be in the position they are.

What's everyone else thinking?

I feel sorry for the fans, but not for the leeds board and management, the last thing you do when your in finacial trouble is go and buy players, maybe the fee they payed for heally and the loan fee for the other lad last month would have been enough to save them from admin.
Maybe wrexham should have signed some new highly paid players before dropping into admin. Leeds only have themselves to blame.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have little sympathy for them. I had some when they f***ed up after the Champions League, after all the money had gone into the football.

But the current situation is a bit like Cheaterfield (ok not really fair on Leeds), the fans havent asked questions of the motive of the new board, and have just accepted everything they're told. Players continue to come in despite the massive debt and no-one seems to have been concerned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that they've spunked up over 3/4 of a million in transfer fees this season, as well as taken on several ex-premiership players in their squad who will hardly be playing for buttons, means I have zero sympathy for LUFC as a club. As always its the fans that suffer for the boards staggering incompetence, and I have nothing personal against them. But that club is an utter shambles and deserves to be where it is now, and deserves to go down as well.

If there was any justice, Leicester City would be in exactly the same position.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
For ages I have been telling me mates up here, "I would be concerned, just watch out with this board!!!!"

They would never accept it, saying there is a consortium comin in..."Where are they then?!"

Now is the time they should act before it really is too late!!

:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
No Fans United day on the horizon for Leeds United then.....

???

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
kalinski said:
they've not exactly held back on the spending this year though have they!!!!

No, but then the fans of Leeds have no control over what their board does, just like the fans of Brighton had no control over what Archer did, the fans of Donny had no control over what Richardson did, the fans of Wrexham have no control over Hamilton what does, etc.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You've got a point there, LB, but I can't see that anyone can do anything about the position that Leeds are in. Their board are just incompetent, they are not trying to destroy the football club.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You've got a point there, LB, but I can't see that anyone can do anything about the position that Leeds are in. Their board are just incompetent, they are not trying to destroy the football club.

I'm absolutely amazed at what's been going on there this season. Right up until a couple of weeks ago they were buying players, and yet the reports I read yesterday suggested that they are in serious danger of going into administration before Christmas.

How come the Football League haven't taken a hand in this? Why have a club who are so heavily in debt been allowed to run up even more debts? It's astonishing.

But, whatever happens to them, it obviously ain't the fault of the Leeds fans.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
beorhthelm said:
i have little sympathy for them. I had some when they f***ed up after the Champions League, after all the money had gone into the football.

But the current situation is a bit like Cheaterfield (ok not really fair on Leeds), the fans havent asked questions of the motive of the new board, and have just accepted everything they're told. Players continue to come in despite the massive debt and no-one seems to have been concerned.

Are you kidding?

The fans have questionned this board every step of the way, right from when we were promised the Richmonds were not involved at all, to our good friend getting a place on the baord. To the "future of Leeds utd not ever being sold, there is no financial reason" yet where is he now, sat on the subs bench at St J's.

We have not accepted it, and if you think we have you perhaps need to open your eyes. Everyone is concerned, and believe be that concern started that night two drunk people went out on the town in Leeds. And it hasn't stopped since.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
gazwag said:
It may have been the board's fault overspending on the misconception that they would win the Champions League but the board did it for a footballing reason.

I bet the fans were more than happy when they were buying expensive players and challenging for the League.

Do you think we knew? We had a chairman who lied through his back teeth about investment deals, I don't know one fan who would have taken our Euopean adventures if we knew it would come to this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here