Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Steele

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bigc said:

when he played for brighton you probably supported man united.

doubt even 1066 is that stupid...

SeagullJay

Feb 6, 2006
Dubai
Safeway said:
Was nice to see him get a good reception as he always worked his arse off for Albion, but we must not lose sight of the fact that he really WASN'T very good and only got 10 goals because he got 100 chances.

strange
I saw Zamora's strike partner make runs and take away defenders allowing Zamora space to score goals. Thought that was what partnerships were about and were many occasions spoke to opposing fans beaten by a Zamora goal or two
"yeah, he scored but other striker (Steele) was better player

must have been watching wrong team...

would love to know Zamora's impression of Mr Steele (and that of Paul Watson while on the subject)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bloke in Albion shirt sitting behind me "Why are they clapping him?"

Bloke not in Albion shirt sitting behind me but a bit more to the right "He used to play for us you idiot"

Bloke in Albion shirt sitting behind me with red face "Did he?"

I f***ing despair sometimes, I really do.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Hungry Joe said:
Bloke in Albion shirt sitting behind me "Why are they clapping him?"

Bloke not in Albion shirt sitting behind me but a bit more to the right "He used to play for us you idiot"

Bloke in Albion shirt sitting behind me with red face "Did he?"

I f***ing despair sometimes, I really do.

Was that 1066? :lolol: :lolol:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Steely was a limited but extremely willing player, during a short period of tremendous success the club. He scored the last minute winner against Bristol City that all but settled our promotion nerves that season and had Withdean jumping more than possibly any other time except the Cheaterfield game.

He was honest about his abilities, describing one personal performance in which he'd scored and we'd won 4-1 as 'awful' and his reaction to our title win, mingling with fans, speaking excitedly to their mates on mobile phones etc which they shoved in his hand, showed how much it meant to him. He's not shot his mouth off about the club since he left either.

I didn't hear anything but applause for him, with his name chanted on one occasion, and with bloody good cause.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
THAT goal against Brizzle is still the goal which has received the most ridiclulous over the top celebration by myself ever! I remember the "Bollocks, we've blown it" thoughts, suddenly wiped clear by that vision of two white things meeting in mid air (ball and Steele's head).
And then (remembering slightly less) getting drunk whilst listening to the other results come flooding in, all in our favour. :drink:
Marvelous scenes.
Indeed;
"Lee Steele, there's only one Lee Steele!":clap: :clap:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
medicine man said:
THAT goal against Brizzle is still the goal which has received the most ridiclulous over the top celebration by myself ever! I remember the "Bollocks, we've blown it" thoughts, suddenly wiped clear by that vision of two white things meeting in mid air (ball and Steele's head).
And then (remembering slightly less) getting drunk whilst listening to the other results come flooding in, all in our favour. :drink:
Marvelous scenes.
Indeed;
"Lee Steele, there's only one Lee Steele!":clap: :clap:

Marvellous scenes indeed! He was a mile offside as well.... oh well!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Northstander said:
He was great player for us!

:bowdown:

"great" is a bit strong, more like good at the level he played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here