Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Nelson - Well Good Show

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What retards. You actually THINK the programme is serious? f*** me man. If you don't like the f***ing thing, don't watch it, or you could waste time moaning on here?

Our TV Licence fee pays that talentless pricks wages. The BBC have an obligation to produce quality programming and wether you watch the show or not is irrelevant.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good news folks, he's at the Komedia on 18th November, should you wish to check him out :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Wizard said:
What retards. You actually THINK the programme is serious? f*** me man. If you don't like the f***ing thing, don't watch it, or you could waste time moaning on here?

Are you sure? I was convinced with was a sociological look at modern day Britain and an in depth investigation into the common workings of modern day man.

I watched it as I was unsure as to whether I would like it or not. I should have trusted my instincts from the ridiculous trailers. It's been paid for by me (and millions of others), so I feel that I am in a position to comment on the quality of the programme.

Is Barry Norman (or all the rest of the critics) labeled a 'retard' if he does not enjoy something that he watched and goes on to comment about it?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Maybe it's amusing for teens to see a man in his 30s pretend to be 18 and fill time with unwitty commentary on men with poodle perms and podgy women. Nothing beneath it all and no heart in its centre.

It isn't. Cringey as f***. Nearly as bad as "We are klang." :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BBC need to fix up and f*** BBC3 off and keep 6music going. That Lee Nelson show is SO bad. SO BAD.

Who the f*** commissioned it?

I mean REALLY.
Having seen it for the first time late last night, I'd happily NAIL my colours to this particular mast.

It is WANK.
He is NOT very funny.

Poor.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I actually saw Simon Brodkin during the Brighton Fringe a few years ago, on a whim as a group of us wanted to go and see a show in the Udderbelly or whatever it was that was the performance space on the Steine that year. His was the only thing we could find at short notice that wasn't sold out and none of us knew what to expect.

There was a very poor crowd but he tried his best and did get a few laughs out of the handful of people who had bothered to show up. I actually felt a little sorry for him and thought he dealt very well with the teeny turnout, making the show feel quite intimate and informal.

I've since seen he's advertised several shows up at the Edinburgh Fringe each year and so it was only a matter of time before he popped up on telly somewhere. BBC3 in particular have this desperation to get hold of "new comedy talent" so scour the comedy circuit and Edinburgh Festival in particular for new faces they can exploit.

I've not seen the show as

a) The trailers for it were appalling
b) It's on BBC3, which is SHAMEFULLY piss-poor output from the Beeb that I avoid

However I wouldn't be surprised if Brodkin's own ideas for his show didn't entirely correlate with the ideas of the BBC execs, rather like in Extras when Ricky Gervais' sitcom When The Whistle Blows is mercilessly butchered into lowest common denominator dross against his better judgment.

I have no idea what the audience figures are like BUT if people genuinely do watch that channel then can the BBC not just sell it off to a commercial station, to keep their own output only bottoming out with Chris Moyles?

It really is a disgrace to the once respected institution that is the British Broadcasting Corporation

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Been re-commisoned for a second series, can't see it lasting after that though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
His show is dreadful. However Chavs lap it up. When he played Komedia recently he sold out two consecutive nights and could have sold double that. It was like West Street had moved to North Laine for the night.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Our TV Licence fee pays that talentless pricks wages. The BBC have an obligation to produce quality programming and wether you watch the show or not is irrelevant.

Well said that man, there's an awful lot of dross on BBC3 but on the other hand there's some decent stuff too. You do wonder how some things get an airing through.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Swings & roundabouts really. I feel aggreived that they fill the channels with shit like "The Office" which is still one of the most pointless programmes ever. I actually quite like The Well Good Show and would happily watch another series.

That's what's good about comedy, different comedy appeals to different people.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Swings & roundabouts really. I feel aggreived that they fill the channels with shit like "The Office" which is still one of the most pointless programmes ever. I actually quite like The Well Good Show and would happily watch another series.

That's what's good about comedy, different comedy appeals to different people.

Would you say you were a chav or at least a bit chavvy?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was channel hopping and caught a short burst that actually made me chuckle. Something like:

My sperm is well good - I got my lady preggers first time ....
And I only came on her tits !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here