Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think Orlandi did too much wrong, hit it down and it just bounced over crossbar. You could see how f***ed off he was after

I agree. Harsh blaming him for the miss - he hit it well and kept it down. It was a bit of a freak bounce; if he'd scuffed it, it might have gone in

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What really irritated me before the game was him going over to the Leeds coach and players during the warm up and giving the coach a hug. Whilst I'm sure pleasantries are always exchanged prior to games in the tunnel and on arrival, I think it is poor practice to do it on the pitch.......

Of course all this is exacerbated by his failings during the match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So the second one where CMS (I believe) fell over his own feet and we got a penalty wasn't fortunate?

Which game did you go to as the one I watched and sky showed it was a blatant push in the back and in the words of a staunch Leeds fan watching on sky ' both of yours were penalties and ours was a case of Varney throwing himself to the ground for no reason and conning the ref''.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
No he didnt.

I don't usually blame ref's and as Brighton fans we are probably more fair to referee's than any other clubs fans. Any other team and this board would have been full of anti ref sentiment yet we would much rather slate our own team, Barnes, Hammond etc.

But they should never have had a penalty for the first goal which got them back into a game they weren't involved in and Michael Brown should have been off the pitch for their second. Without those shocking decisions we would have won comfortably.

I am the first to criticise us when we deserve it but tonight we were incredibly unlucky.
Definately agree

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pathetic pretentious statement.

I've followed this club home and away for 25 years and very rarely blame the ref or lino but tonight we were undone by an inept official.

We have been very poor for the last few games but tonight we lost 2 points thanks to a very poor petformance from a distinctly average referee.

We deserved cricism on Saturday when we were terrible but today we were excellent. Gus and the team have earnt a lot of credit today and Mason cost us the win.

Ignore the Palace troll.

I agree with your post, Mason was very poor.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We were the architects of our own failure to win by not taking our chances ... orlandi and the pen miss
NB. why isn't CMS being slated for missing the pen .. I,m sure if it was Barnes there would be 15-pages of shit about it

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If you blame the ref for that you are a tit. Simple. We played well but didn't take our chances but all in all a positive night.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
He did very well overall :facepalm: Trying to blame the ref every single game is getting very tiring.

Overall, but made two shocking decisions. It was a blatant dive for their penalty, he just threw himself on the ground. Then Brown hauls back Buckley, hands on his shoulder intentionally pulls him back to stop him going any further. Its a yellow card all day long. He shouldnt have been on the pitch to score the goal. Shocking decisions, no two ways about it. After seeing the highlights im outraged.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Says it all really post match with warnock announcing that mason was one of the best players on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here