Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
They got a dodgy pen, so did we. Ref evened it up but we didn't take the chance.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Probably cost us the game but no more than we did. Bruno doesn't need to risk it, and Orlandi should be burying that every day of the week, can't be missing penalties at 2-2 either.

Very unfortunate to miss out on a very achievable 3 points and break the poor run.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't think he was that bad. We were architects of our own downfall with the 2nd goal, and Orlandi should have buried his chance. Ref wasn't the best, but certainly no worse than we've seen before.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Probably cost us the game but no more than we did. Bruno doesn't need to risk it, and Orlandi should be burying that every day of the week, can't be missing penalties at 2-2 either.

Very unfortunate to miss out on a very achievable 3 points and break the poor run.

That's what I said till I just saw the tv replay. It's actually very embarrassing for the ref. must be shitting himself with it being on Leeds utd (sky) tv.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
You might want to try watching that again - stops directly under the flight of the ball and gets barged over by their full back. Clear pen - even Warnock didn't dispute it - called the ref "the best player on the pitch" and for them he probably was!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He did very well overall :facepalm: Trying to blame the ref every single game is getting very tiring.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Both ours were pens. Theirs was not and brown should have gone.

But cms took a shocking pen. We should not blame the ref as we missed a pen again. Other things being equal three pouts dropped vs leics and leeds.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Saw their penalty in the concourse at half time and it was one of the softest penalty decisions I've ever seen.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He did very well overall :facepalm: Trying to blame the ref every single game is getting very tiring.

Sorry, that's just rubbish. Just look at the binfests on here in recent weeks to see everyone blaming the players/gus for poor, negative performances. But we played well tonight, missed too many chances, but were also undone by a couple of crap decisions which is always going to cost you in a league this close

Mr Terrific

Aug 17, 2012
But we played well tonight, missed too many chances, but were also undone by a couple of crap decisions which is always going to cost you in a league this close

We were undone by missing a penalty and a couple of other clear cut chances, not by poor refereeing. If we'd put those chances away then no-one would care about the soft penalty decision.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

No he didnt.

I don't usually blame ref's and as Brighton fans we are probably more fair to referee's than any other clubs fans. Any other team and this board would have been full of anti ref sentiment yet we would much rather slate our own team, Barnes, Hammond etc.

But they should never have had a penalty for the first goal which got them back into a game they weren't involved in and Michael Brown should have been off the pitch for their second. Without those shocking decisions we would have won comfortably.

I am the first to criticise us when we deserve it but tonight we were incredibly unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here