Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lee hughes...

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Has he been sentenced yet? - not that I know the full details but it sounds like he was acting like a right twat and probably deserves to go down...

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
i went with my mate to watch west brom v west ham last season, him being a wolves fan we sat with the 'ammers and introduced the cockneys to a rendition of

"Lee Hughes is a murderer"

it soon caught on

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Again, I may be speculating (sp) but I think, allegedly, he was pissed up, drove too fast, hit the car, panicked, stayed at a friend's house for 24 hours to sober up, then went to the police

If any of the above is true (pissed up, fled the scene because he was hammered) deserves minimum of 5 years in jail

Scum, no time for drink drivers

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
That asylum seeker who killed a boy in ferring got 9 months

im sure he will get community service teaching boys football instead of a prison sentance just like Cantona.

Thats the british justice system for ya!

Hughes jailed after death crash

Premiership footballer Lee Hughes has been jailed for six years for causing death by dangerous driving.

The 28-year-old West Bromwich striker was convicted on Monday of causing the death of father-of-four Douglas Graham in Meriden, near Coventry, in November.

Mr Graham, 56, died after Hughes' £100,000 Mercedes car ploughed into the Renault in which he was a passenger.

Hughes, who had denied the charge, fled from the scene and did not turn himself into police for 36 hours.

Second offence

He was convicted at Coventry Crown Court on Monday, following a six-day trial.

The jury took 90 minutes to reach its decision.

Hughes had earlier admitted failing to stop after the crash last November.

Hughes also admitted a second offence of failing to report an accident following the collision.

In a statement released after the verdict, 50-year-old Mrs Graham described the impact the loss of her husband had had on the family.

Douglas Graham died from the injuries he received in the crash

"Something has been taken away from my family that can never be replaced," she said.

"We know that we must now simply attempt to come to terms with the loss.

"We can only hope that the person involved will acknowledge what he has done to my family.

"Nobody can understand the huge amount of grief and stress that has been caused to my family over the last nine months."

Mrs Graham said she had never heard of Lee Hughes before the tragedy and had no interest in football.

She said husband had followed the fortunes of Coventry City - one of Hughes' former clubs.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
his career has just gone downhill after a promising start since banging in those goals for west brom in div 1.. not that i have any sympathy for him at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here