Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Hughes out of prison

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He's done his time. Move on.

Bit of humourous banter is ok I guess but anything else is just pointless. 3 years inside for someone who had it all will no doubt have had some impact on him. I mean playing for Oldham must be punishment enough on top of the 3 years inside.

Hardly humourous if someone has been killed, regardless of the jibe associated, surely?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I think he will get a lot of stick, I am sure he expects that. This is football and people get abuse for all sorts, football fans don't make moral decisions and come to definitive answers of whether to give someone stick or not, they just do it.

The question isn't whether Hughes should be allowed to play for Oldham or not, it's whether we will be giving him stick and I certainly will, regardless of my views to whether he should be playing or not.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Did he? so if the English legal system decides that they want him to serve three years they sentence him to six - is that how it works?
Why not sentence someone to what they should serve and stick with it? - or is that too easy?
Where is the incentive to behave in prison? Time off for good behaviour and the maximum is 50% off the sentence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Lee Hughes was a primary school teacher would those people who say "he's done his time" be happy for him to come out and teach their kids?

He will play for Oldham, score some goals, kiss the badge and win the adoration of their chav fans. He'll see himself on telly and cop off with the local tarts down the disco. By the end of the season he will be back to where he was before 5 years ago - it will be like he was never inside.

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
As several people have already said, if Hughes was an "ordinary" bloke, as opposed to a footballer, no one would say he couldn't go back to his old job. However, why should he benefit as if nothing had happened? I'd like to see the family of the victims successfully sue him for a great deal of compensation. Then let him carry on earning mega money by all means, as long as the bulk of it went to the victims.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If Lee Hughes was a primary school teacher would those people who say "he's done his time" be happy for him to come out and teach their kids?

He will play for Oldham, score some goals, kiss the badge and win the adoration of their chav fans. He'll see himself on telly and cop off with the local tarts down the disco. By the end of the season he will be back to where he was before 5 years ago - it will be like he was never inside.

You don't believe that 3 years in the slammer will have changed him at all ?

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
Ironically, he can't start playing immediately anyway. According to the Mail, so it must be true, he is suspended until September having been sent off playing for his prison side. Wonder what the offence was - leaving the pitch without the referees permission?

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Where is the incentive to behave in prison? Time off for good behaviour and the maximum is 50% off the sentence.

The incentive should be that you do not have time added to your sentence. 50% off is a mockery.
The judge should say "you are sentenced to three years - misbehave and it will be more", but that won't happen cos there would be uproar about soft sentences.
And before you say what about a life sentence - how would you add to that? a life sentence and out in 12 years (the pseudo Italian chap who murdered the Headmaster - can't remember either name) has got to be nonsense. Add extra years to 21 if he misbehaves and when he gets to 50 invoke capital punishment.
=========================================
my thoughts and emotions do not have to be logical, it's what makes me what I am. I have the right to my own opinions, unlike you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here