Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Bowyer

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
BarrelofFun said:
Well, I am assuming that the attack in the kebab shop or whatever it was was racially motivated and I thought that was well documented. It has been witnessed, Bowyer hurling racist abuse. Whether that makes him racist or not, he is an odious chap who has been given a lot of chances in life.

Sack for drugs at Charlton; affray whilst at Leeds etc. etc.

I can't agree with you anymore. People like him who keep getting more and more chances are a waste of valuable oxygen.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Do u see woodgate as a violent scumbag too robbied69?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Starry said:
Ahh, assuming.

What affray at Leeds?

I used assuming as you were contesting that Bowyer was racist.

I raised affray as he obviously isn't whiter than white, if he was taken to court. Even if he was cleared, he was involved in the whole incident. You don't get charged with affray for being in the wrong palce at the wrong time.

If Bowyer reads NSC, at least he will know who to get a character witness off, next time he appears in court.

I thought it was well documented that he threw a chair and threw racist abuse at the restaurant staff.

One thing that can't be contested is that Bowyer is a nasty individual. I wouldn't wish him well at all. I guess that is where we differ.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Starry said:
And the evidence Bow did anything that night, is where?

You dont get charged for a racist attack if the police dont have enough evidence. CPS wouldn't let it go to court otherwise.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
I used assuming as you were contesting that Bowyer was racist.

I raised affray as he obviously isn't whiter than white, if he was taken to court. Even if he was cleared, he was involved in the whole incident. You don't get charged with affray for being in the wrong palce at the wrong time.

If Bowyer reads NSC, at least he will know who to get a character witness off, next time he appears in court.

I thought it was well documented that he threw a chair and threw racist abuse at the restaurant staff.

One thing that can't be contested is that Bowyer is a nasty individual. I wouldn't wish him well at all. I guess that is where we differ.

Not so much, just curious where the hard and fast proof is that he is racist comes from. As you have none it's all assumptions and hearsay.

I'm thinking you didn't follow the court case so closely. Indeed, he was charged, but he was also found not guilty. But since he was charged that is enough. So much for innocent until proven guilty. I didn't realise we operated on a guilty once charged type justice nowadays!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
You dont get charged for a racist attack if the police dont have enough evidence. CPS wouldn't let it go to court otherwise.

Sorry, when was he charged with a racist attack?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Not terribly happy about the signing. Haven't got a lot of time for the bloke and he did us no favours last time he was with us in our relegation season.

I don't know who's going to make way for him in the team. I presume it'll be Haydn Mullins who has had an absolutely outstanding season for us in the centre of midfileld. I presume Pards has bought Bowyer in to stiffen up competition.

One thing that we do have at West Ham is a very happy dressing room. Everyone gets on really well and the atmosphere is very upbeat. I hope Bowyer doesn't ruin that because i feel that can be worth half a dozen wins per season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Starry said:
Not so much, just curious where the hard and fast proof is that he is racist comes from. As you have none it's all assumptions and hearsay.

I'm thinking you didn't follow the court case so closely. Indeed, he was charged, but he was also found not guilty. But since he was charged that is enough. So much for innocent until proven guilty. I didn't realise we operated on a guilty once charged type justice nowadays!

Perhaps I am wrong to label Bowyer as a racist thug, but all indications suggest that there was enough evidence to charge him with affray.

Affray meaning - if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

Yes, as you say he was found not guilty and the sentence passed to Woodgate was light in comparison, to various other cases. I was using the old adage, there is no smoke without fire.

It is not worth arguing the finer points of the English Law, as you are right. Legally speaking, I am wrong about Bowyer, as he was found not guilty. But as far as I am concerned, playing well for my football club does not mean a man of his mentality deserves my respect and so on.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
jevs said:
Not terribly happy about the signing. Haven't got a lot of time for the bloke and he did us no favours last time he was with us in our relegation season.

I don't know who's going to make way for him in the team. I presume it'll be Haydn Mullins who has had an absolutely outstanding season for us in the centre of midfileld. I presume Pards has bought Bowyer in to stiffen up competition.

One thing that we do have at West Ham is a very happy dressing room. Everyone gets on really well and the atmosphere is very upbeat. I hope Bowyer doesn't ruin that because i feel that can be worth half a dozen wins per season.

it would be a disgrace for pardew to replace mullins with bowyer. aren't you lot after greening, gera and arca as well???

Last edited:

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
jevs said:

yes totally agree. Mullins was excellent for us last season and surprised a lot of people. I am not a fan of bowyer but if he produces the goods then i'll be a happy hammer

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Starry said:

So whats it like on your side of the rose-tinted spectacles? :lolol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Woody the Seagull said:
it would be a disgrace for pardew to replace mullins with bowyer. aren't you lot after greening, gera and arca as well???

If you believe most of the rumours m8, we're after half of Europe and most of the players in the top 3 divisions :rolleyes:

I quite like Arca and Greening would be welcome too but i doubt the latter would come to us.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Rangdo said:
So whats it like on your side of the rose-tinted spectacles? :lolol:

The same as for most, innocent until proven guilty. I'm no bandwagon jumper ;-)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Starry, there were 14,500 reported rapes in 2004/5 and only 5% convictions. Due to lack of evidence etc. being the stumbling block.

Enough proof to show that the system is not infallible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here