Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledley King

You know what's going to happen... King is being bought along so Capello can watch him train. He will train, do pretty well, then not be able to play the game. Then he will go back to Spurs, won't be able to play for them, and Harry will start bleating on about being 'down to the bare bones' again, despite the fact he spent around £30m in January...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Breaking news...

...King has returned to Spurs - the FA and Spurs agreed that it was in his interest to continue his rehabilitation at Spurs. He will take no part in any England training sessions or the next two matches.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bloody farce. King should have declined from the start, or announced his International retirement months ago.
Welcome to England, Fabio. This is how we do stuff.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well that was all utterly pointless wasn't it :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What this episode shows is the lack of effective communication between club and country medical staff.

This incident is hot on the heels of the Steven Gerrard injury situation which, quite rightly, pissed off Benitez.

Ledley IS one of the best 4 or 5 central defenders we have. It makes sense for him to play the odd qualifier when required so we get the result we need although I agree there doesn't seem much point in taking him to a tournament.

The England medical staff would have known he couldn't train, but this does look like a balls-up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If King didnt want to play then why did he go?

I believe Capello now has the right to have injured players examined by his own medical team (he did this with Gerrard last year). He may have just wanted to confirm that dodgy 'arry Redknapp wasn't making up fake injuries.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What would be the point of faking an injury to avoid a club player playing for his country?Releasing players for international duty is part and parcel of every Prem manager's job.

If a player wants to play for his country and is fit then if his club prevent him by faking an injury that could potentially jeopardise the relationship with that player.

King's injuries must be some of the best-documented in football league history. I'm no doctor but even I know he can only play once a week and can't train.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What would be the point of faking an injury to avoid a club player playing for his country?Releasing players for international duty is part and parcel of every Prem manager's job.

If a player wants to play for his country and is fit then if his club prevent him by faking an injury that could potentially jeopardise the relationship with that player.

King's injuries must be some of the best-documented in football league history. I'm no doctor but even I know he can only play once a week and can't train.

Very true, I was just speculating. In all honesty, if 'arry told me it was raining I would go outside to double-check.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If we went to a tournament and Terry or Ferdinand were out for a game King would be a great replacement to bring in just for the odd game.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yes! He's been withdrawn thank f*** for that. Have him fit and ready for our games now :D.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to agree with old Twitcher though - completely POINTLESS England call-up. If he can only play 1 game a week tops, what use would he be in a World Cup ?

It says a lot about the strength of depth if a player who cannot train and cannot play more than a game every week is in the squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was at the England training session today as I won a competition! Was great to watch, King never even made it out, Beckham, Gerrard and another 1 or 2 only did some light running and then went back inside for treatments as they played Sunday and SWP / Crouch never turned up as they have 'light' injuries but expected to be ok tomorrow.

Great day, and a wicked signed shirt

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Capello = Clown

He's probably in the top 5 managers in the WORLD when it comes to a PROVEN track record over the last 10 or so years.

You are a COMPLETE moron.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He must have been the only man in Football who didnt realise picking King was a waste of time.

Therefore he is a Clown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here