Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledley King

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Not strictly on topic, but I ask our resident Spuzz fans, why the hell doesn't Ledley King just retire if his knee's so knackered?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was wondering this too. Surely if he tries to carry on playing when he can't train and all that he's going to give himself massive problems in later life?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Because he enjoys playing football? And is still able to at the highest level?
Simples really...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Because he enjoys playing football? And is still able to at the highest level?
Simples really...

Not quite so simple if he won't be able to walk in 20 years because of it. I've no idea if this is the case BTW, but surely it's a possibility if his knee is so knackered at his age?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to agree with old Twitcher though - completely POINTLESS England call-up. If he can only play 1 game a week tops, what use would he be in a World Cup ?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Not quite so simple if he won't be able to walk in 20 years because of it. I've no idea if this is the case BTW, but surely it's a possibility if his knee is so knackered at his age?

It's just the only option I can see. It's up to him whether he wants to continue playing or not. And he clearly does. If he's able too, and then face the circumstances later in life. It's his decision (right or wrong) that led to it. He'd obviously prefer to keep doing what he enjoys, and then face those hurdles (hopefully not very high ones with his knee playing up!) when they come.

And well done to him.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Have to agree with old Twitcher though - completely POINTLESS England call-up. If he can only play 1 game a week tops, what use would he be in a World Cup ?

Only use I can see is if someone gets a small injury that rules them out for a game, he can cover. But, we've got enough decent centre backs in England, that we shouldn't need to waste a place with him, incase someone gets a longer injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are all disregarding the fact that he is the best central defender available to us. Even with his injury he has skill. pace and heart and is twice the player that John Terry is. The only one who comes near to him is Rio Ferdinand. Even in major tournaments there is usually 3 or 4 days between games so he would be nursed through them.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
You are all disregarding the fact that he is the best central defender available to us. Even with his injury he has skill. pace and heart and is twice the player that John Terry is. The only one who comes near to him is Rio Ferdinand. Even in major tournaments there is usually 3 or 4 days between games so he would be nursed through them.

never seen such bullshit before in my life!

hes 10 times the player JT "the Lionheart" is

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

he plays once a week not every 3 or 4 days. It would be madness taking someone to a world cup with his injuries, escpecially when there are players like woodgate available.
Who i cant fathom why he dosent include in the squad...did they have a falling out or something at Madrid !

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

What, John "I've lifted two Premier League trophies" Terry? Of course he is.....

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What, John "I've lifted two Premier League trophies" Terry? Of course he is.....

What are you saying? If a player has lifted more trophies than someone else, they're better? So, the likes of Kalou and Malouda are better than Ashley Young, or Aaron Lennon, because "they've lifted two Premier League trophies"..?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally don't think he should be considered on the basis he can't play two games in a week and therefore will not be of any use in the tournaments. No doubt he is a very good player but let's be honest, he is earning his pension now at the risk of sacrificing his long term health.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
What are you saying? If a player has lifted more trophies than someone else, they're better? So, the likes of Kalou and Malouda are better than Ashley Young, or Aaron Lennon, because "they've lifted two Premier League trophies"..?

He is not a bit part player like Kalou and Malouda though is he. He captained those sides and was part of a defence that conceded something stupid like 20 goals in the whole season.

Dandyman

In London village.

Spot on. As was heard on the visit of Pompey to WHL "Who needs a queen when we've got King",

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton

:bla:

More importantly did anyone see the Gucci handbag he was sporting whilst in his England track suit. Thats enough to send him home surely!!

Dandyman

In London village.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's bloody stupid. Terry's nowhere near as bad as most people make out, King can't be relied on, get Carra to play

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

Malouded has won 0 Premier League trophies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here