Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least famous famous person

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Following on from the famous person thread

Which Brit celebrities are widely known in this country but would be almost completely unknown outside the UK.

These won't be sport stars as - with a few exceptions -they wouldn't be widely known (Mrs G never recognises anyone that I think is reasonably famous, KP or John Terry for example) and won't be z-list reality show contestants. I mean people who would be known to about 90% of Brits and unknown to about 99% of the rest of the world.

I'd say Katie Price, Alan Sugar and, possibly Richard Branson.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Cliff Richard, who the hell is he?

Edit: Richard Brason is quite famous in America, i seem to remember a Simpsons episode dedicated to him.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Jodie Marsh

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wossy

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jeremy Kyle

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Jade Goody,,,,dont mean to speak ill of the dead, but if anyone outside this country has heard of her, i would be amazed.....A sad inditment of the mentality of this country how she ever became famous....God rest her soul.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tim Henman

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jade Goody,,,,dont mean to speak ill of the dead, but if anyone outside this country has heard of her, i would be amazed.....A sad inditment of the mentality of this country how she ever became famous....God rest her soul.

I'd imagine they've heard of her in India, seeing as it was on their version of Celebrity Big Brother that she was told she had been diagnosed with cancer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here