Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Him and Ramsdale could take up crocheting like Tom Daley, producing a cardigan or jumper by full time on a match days.
Trossard does seem crochety, so I'm sure he'd be amazing. He'd probably make a crochet Taj Mahal.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
hes a player, and should be starting, i would have the hump too if i were him.

Not sure he will kick up much of a fuss, they get so many games he will be ok.
Totally agree to this, he is sharp in and around the box and his accuracy is top draw and has been for a while. I am worried we will cope with his movement.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Has he ever played 90 minutes for Arsenal? If he stayed, he’d have a similar role here as he had already lost his place to Mitoma before he threw his toys out the pram.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I wouldn't disagree that Martinelli isn't the player he was, but Arteta's reluctance to change that despite having the services of Trossard to call upon speaks volumes.

Arteta is always like that apparently. He has favourites and will not swap them out for ages unless really forced to. (According to my Arsenal supporting co-worker anyway!)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Has he ever played 90 minutes for Arsenal? If he stayed, he’d have a similar role here as he had already lost his place to Mitoma before he threw his toys out the pram.

I don't think it's fair to say he'd lost his place to Mitoma here, although he did seem to throw his toys out of the pram after just one game on the bench, Everton away, that Mitoma started.

In the 8 PL games that RDZ was manager before the World Cup Trossard started all 8 with Mitoma starting 2 and being on the bench 3 times. The two games they started together were the wins over Chelsea and Wolves. Mitoma was also on the bench (came on at half time) in the League Cup win over Arsenal and Trossard wasn't in the squad.

Coming back from the World Cup they were both on the bench for the League Cup game against Charlton. They both started the next two league games against Southampton and Arsenal before the Everton game which Mitoma started and Trossard was an unused sub.

So I don't think 1 game is enough to say Mitoma had replaced Trossard but by all accounts his attitude stunk when he returned from the World Cup. I don't think it was helped by Belgium's squad seemingly being very toxic and them being knocked out at the Group stage in a group they should have easily qualified from. We also won 3 of the 4 games they started together so it's clear we could play with both of them starting.

He does still seem a right mardy twat though as Saturday showed.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hes never not going to be a bit of a helmet. Its in his genes. But I'd have him over Havertz any day.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He certainly is. That's why he's at a top 3 club - where the competition for places is exceptionally fierce. Should be starting though? Not sure about that when Martinelli is in that squad.

We should remember he is a wonderful player on his day but there are also days when he is unbelievably anonymous.
agreed, however currently he is way ahead of Martinelli. And as the man in form should be getting a run in the side.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Don't think he's exactly mr Humble or some sort of leader in the dressing room, but I admire his desire to play football - clearly, in his case, being out there on the pitch having fun weighs heavier than glory and optimal money. There was never a word about Tross being unhappy at Brighton before he was benched, same in Arsenal.

A professional with lots of football integrity, seems to keep himself fit and gets better every season. If Arsenal don't want to start him every week, there's 18 other PL teams that would gladly start him every week.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Count Twatula was really unhappy he’d just f*** off to Belgium and sulk like he did last time

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There were stories in the summer that arteta was getting grief off Trossard's agent.

Football is now a squad game. Subs are tactical. Martinelli is expected to rough up his defender for an hour the trossard comes ona and capitalises. It's working! If he can't see that then it won't end happily

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Although I did notice he didn't celebrate (initially) and remembered what his agent said before he joined Arsenal along the lines of 'No-one puts Leo on the bench three times in a row...' or something.

NOBODY puts Leo on the bench.

Patrick-Swayze-Dirty-Dancing.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here