But surely you are living the life of Riley in retirement:whistle:
F1DB6A8B-34A8-45A0-87BE-D3EFF32FE610.jpeg

Attachments

• 157FB3E0-C157-42B9-98C4-BF4CE1108108.jpeg
    157FB3E0-C157-42B9-98C4-BF4CE1108108.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 563

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Think Martinez has told the Belgian players that moving clubs might not be wise with World Cup coming up. Sure some players won't let that stop them but he is on the cusp of being a first team choice which will only strengthen with a) a good performance at BHAFC b) a good performance at a top club, not Everton c) the offer of CL football this season (not with Everton).

He would probably benefit from a good year here to help with his World Cup chances and then have 1 year left on his contract (assumes we extend it) and he would go cheaply and be able to negotiate even better wages...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think Martinez has told the Belgian players that moving clubs might not be wise with World Cup coming up. Sure some players won't let that stop them but he is on the cusp of being a first team choice which will only strengthen with a) a good performance at BHAFC b) a good performance at a top club, not Everton c) the offer of CL football this season (not with Everton).

He would probably benefit from a good year here to help with his World Cup chances and then have 1 year left on his contract (assumes we extend it) and he would go cheaply and be able to negotiate even better wages...

Leo’s agent publicly said something similar about a week ago - that he basically needs guaranteed minutes in the ‘right project’ ahead of the WC, and wouldn’t leave for the sake it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Leo’s agent publicly said something similar about a week ago - that he basically needs guaranteed minutes in the ‘right project’ ahead of the WC, and wouldn’t leave for the sake it.

He is in a strong position and a good year (or even 3 months here) and a good world cup will mean he can almost name his price .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Where-as some of our other players look like they’d fit in at top 5 clubs, I really think Trossard does best when he’s the main man. A bit like that kid in the playground who played ‘floating role’ or a modern number 10. He doesn’t have to be the central striker for that just a ‘forward’ and us doing well with Welbeck for example who’s as much a facilitator or complete forward as goal scorer / poacher seems to have meant Trossard scores a lot when not filling in as a wing back (and even when he was). Especially helped him score more than when Maupay is chosen as lone striker and is encouraged to think primarily about goals and pressing. I’d use a basketball analogy where a certain type of player needs lots of touches and in a bad team they shine and dominate as everything goes through them but in a great side they’d not get involved enough and look a weak link alongside bigger names who dominate the ball instead. That’s less of an issue for a Bissouma, Cucurella or a Dunk/Webster. I don’t think he’d succeed at top 5 level but be ideal for a Leicester, Newcastle or Us! Not saying he’s ‘worse’ than those 5 just where he’d do best and as a result impress International Coaches.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apologies if this is already out there……. Better than the existing one?

We've got Trossard,
Leandro Trossard,
I just dont think you understand,
He sweeps across the grass,
Puts defenders on their arse,
We've got Leandro Trossard!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Apologies if this is already out there……. Better than the existing one?

We've got Trossard,
Leandro Trossard,
I just dont think you understand,
He sweeps across the grass,
Puts defenders on their arse,
We've got Leandro Trossard!

Is there an existing one?
There are a fair few players that need songs. Tonight would be a good place to start:
Tross: see above, or A N Other
Gross: 'Another Assist for Gross' to Another One Bites the Dust; 'Pascal Gross, my Lord' (I'd rule this one out on the basis that Saints sing it for JWP, but it's not up to me); or A N Other
Veltman: 'Veltman' to Batman, or A N Other

Which songs will stick. My hunch is some will, because we need to expand our repertoire

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is there an existing one?
There are a fair few players that need songs. Tonight would be a good place to start:
Tross: see above, or A N Other
Gross: 'Another Assist for Gross' to Another One Bites the Dust; 'Pascal Gross, my Lord' (I'd rule this one out on the basis that Saints sing it for JWP, but it's not up to me); or A N Other
Veltman: 'Veltman' to Batman, or A N Other

Which songs will stick. My hunch is some will, because we need to expand our repertoire

Something about coming from Gent, doesn’t catch on though normally

Kojakker

Jun 10, 2022
To the tune of the banana boat song/old trio chocolate biscuit ad.

Leee-o,
Leee-eee-eeo,
Trossards on and you want to go home.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Leo Trossard,Trossard
He'll leave your defenders scarred
Boldly goes like Jean-Luc Picard
Leo Trossard, Trossard"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here